Chapter 18.

Jalil

It's been four days, 22 hours and 18 minutes since the surgery ended not like anyone's counting. It's been a waiting game of when he'll open his eyes and the doctor keeps hammering the fact that we have to give him time because his body was malnourished and dehydrated, then he lost a lot of blood and a bullet lodged in a major organ so his body went through too much stress. So time is what he needs.

One hand of mine held onto his as the other held onto the dog tags on my neck that I've refused to take off since.

"You promised to come back for this Romy, so please come back, okay?" There are studies that show that patients in coma can hear conversations around them, so maybe he can hear me and fight to come back.

"I never got to tell you that I love you Romy, fight through this and maybe I'll tell you." My ears still turned red every time I said those words or even thought them. Elijah has been having a field day since yesterday when he figured out my feelings for Roman making me blush incessantly. He's such a sucker for romance.

"So get this Callum's sister was the mole, and she's been shipped back to America for trial. Callum has been pretty sad about it, I feel for him but I understand her too you know. I know  it's stupid but I think she had good intentions but made a not so good judgment call. You might be rolling your internal eyes at me Romy but you know it's true." Wait do human beings have internal eyes? I don't know but now we do anyways.

"Doctor says you'll have a scar on your abdomen, a battle scar. I think it'll be a daily reminder of what you've survived but it'll also be very sexy, right?" I could feel the blood rush towards my cheek again. I never can think naughty thoughts it'll just be on my face literally.

I felt a little bit of pressure on my hand that held his or did I imagine it? I feel like he tightened his hand a little bit on mine. Maybe I should call the doctor to check on him. I press the button to summon Dr Ross and she arrives in about two minutes and I explain what just happened to her.

At first she said it could be pretty normal till it happened again and the monitors showed increase in brain activity. A smile covered her face as she explained that she'd reduce the dosage of something to enable him wake up all my mind registered is that he'll wake up anytime soon.

No one can wipe off the goofy smile on my face as I couldn't wait to see his mesmerizing eyes and his gorgeous smile, I couldn't wait to hear his loud belly laugh whenever something incredibly funny happens like the day I slept and drooled to my cheek, he had a field day at my expense.

" I don't want to snitch but there's a big surprise for you also." Elijah had told me yesterday about something that had been long due and had eventually come.

About five hours had passed now and he still hasn't woken up but I'm not losing hope. However I'm sleepy so I rest my head in my usual position with my hands intertwined with Romy's.

Roman (I missed his POV.)

My eyes felt like they've been glued together with a heavy metal, my whole felt sore, a particular throbbing around my abdomen area, my whole body hurts. It hurts to swallow well duh there's a tube in. Log of wood is the accurate and precise term to describe my body coordination right now.

Warm hands held onto mine, if I can open my eyes I can tell if it's who I wish it is. I've missed him so fucking much.

Slowly I willed myself to open my eyes, ahh why is everywhere so bright? Get this thing off me it hurts, I pull at the uncomfortable tube to get it out off my mouth.

"Romy?" A sleepy voice call out, the voice I've missed so much "Romy! Hold on let me get the doctor." I watch him scurry out of the room to get the doctor but I'm too busy trying to pry this thing off of me.