Chapter 3.

Roman

I admired his retreating back well mainly his butt. Elijah usually looked hot after exercises all sweaty with the manly musk and scent that got my mini me at attention. The least favorable part of deployments like this was the pent up testosterone waiting for a special type of release.

"Seriously Rome? What happened those months ago was unethical so stop looking at my butt." Uh oh how obvious was I being?

"I remember you calling it the best night of your life mister so stop fronting."

We had hooked up after the service members end of the year party and the day after that and the day after that too, he couldn't get enough of me.

Elijah had been my senior at West point, we became friends when we had a couple of courses together and he obviously graduated before me therefore the seniority in rank. We had lost touch for a while till I reported for duty and found out he was my commanding officer.

"It was fun while it lasted Rome, we're in the same unit come on that's against military code." Well technically that was true but that makes it more fun, the thrill and idea of being caught. Maybe that was just me.

Well cold shower it seems again.

"Sir, Captain the first execution was just live streamed. Sergeant Ben Lynch was beheaded gruesomely." An officer announced as he offered a tablet to show us the video.

I cringed at the video, this was so cruel and barbaric to do to another human being. I never worked with sergeant Lynch directly but it still hurt to know that another perfectly healthy service member has fallen in combat.

"New orders also arrived from D.C. sir." The officer announced again.

"Briefing room in ten minutes, get dressed everyone!" Lt Colonel Johnson announced and I think everyone noticed the change in atmosphere around.

**********************************

The NSA had intercepted chatter radio chatter from a different frequency and our new orders from D.C. was to attack the transport convoy instead used to move the hostages to the execution place.

Mission plan and implementation was one of my areas of specialization and I had proposed a divert, divide and rescue mission. Use a medium to divert the bastards' attention eg roadblock, that will lead to a division of their forces. If they were as smart as I thought, their strongest men would be with the hostages therefore the need for smoke to disintegrate them so we can take them out and rescue the hostages. Two grenades will be thrown at the other ones.

The mission plan was approved by Lt Col Johnson and Major Feldman so necessary paperwork was being filled out right now. We attacked at 11:00hrs tomorrow morning.

**********************************

The Next Day At 06:00 hrs

"Again!" Major Feldman yelled into the earpiece.

We'd been practicing the mission simulation so the actual thing could go as smoothly as possible and to avoid unnecessary casualties.

Everything from the number of enemy combatants to the weapons they might have to hand to hand combat we've practiced on since 4:30am.

"Richards you're dead, that man over there just shot you, Again!"

Instructions were being thrown around at the participating operators for this mission which included my unit of Hawk team, Alpha team, and Charlie team.

This went on till breakfast time at 07:30hrs then actual preparations will begin.

"Hey Roman be careful out there and you better come back alive and well you Buffalo." Elijah said so seriously with a poker face. I burst into a laughing fit at his face.