124 • Dana/Happy

Dana entered the workshop. The music was blasting, drowning out the noise of the welding machine and other tools. The hood of a car was up, and Juice was hovering over it. Heading towards him, she wrapped her arms around his waist. Her move startled him, he jumped up, bumping his head against the hood. Wildly he spun around, although his face lit up when he saw her.

"Oh hey, it's you." He laid his hands on her hips, kissing her.

"You expected more pawing?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Since our engagement there have been plenty of Croweaters trying to change my mind about a married life."

She chuckled. "Those poor girls. They have to watch that hot body of yours every fucking day and they can't even touch you."

Smirking, his hands wandered to her behind. He pulled her close. "You're here because you miss that gorgeous body?" he grunted in her ear.

"You would like that, huh?" Her fingers hooked through his belt hoops. "But I have to disappoint you, I'm here because Kozik told me so."

Juice's eyes started to sparkled. "Ah, I forgot."

"You forgot?" She couldn't think of a reason why Kozik had asked her to come over.

"Uh-huh."

His smirk made her squint her eyes. "This sounds like some conspiracy."

"Oh, it definitely is. But it's not you who should worry about it."

She raised her eyebrows, but he resisted the temptation to give her an answer.

"I will pick up Casper from the babysitter. I've taken care of everything." He kissed her temple. "Have fun."

Pulling back his hands, he nodded to someone behind her. "She's all yours."

She turned around and was met by Kozik's smirk. Well – she'd never expected to hear that from Juice, given their past.

Kozik pulled her in an one armed hug and let go of her. "Hey babe. Ready?"

"Eh – I have my doubts? Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He winked, laid an arm around her waist and led her out of the garage. Instead of heading for the parking lot, he took her to the picknick table on which Jax and Happy were smoking.

Kozik tapped his friend against the back of his head. "Time to go, princess."

"Go where?" Happy huffed.

"You'll see. Come on."

Happy gave his friend a suspicious glare, then he aimed his questioning look at Dana.

"I don't know anything about this either. He just told me to be here at half past one."

Her brother said nothing, moving his inscrutable glance back to Kozik, as if he was trying to force him non-verbally to answer his question. Of course it made no difference; it only widened Kozik's smirk.

With a grunt, Happy pushed himself away from the table. Kozik didn't go to the line of bikes, but he walked over to a car. Dana decided to sit in the back since she was smaller than the guys and there wasn't a lot of legroom. There was a strange feeling in her stomach. What was Kozik planning this time? Nevertheless she had to bit back a smirk at the sight of Happy's petulant face.

Kozik started the engine and left the parking lot, sweeping away the tense silence by turning on the CD player and singing along at the top of his lungs.

Dana stared out of the window, trying to understand what was going on. She really had no idea.

Only after parking the car at the shopping area of a nearby town, Happy made another attempt to figure out what the hell they were doing here. His voice sounded threatening, almost as if he was close to torturing Kozik to get answers.