063 • Juice

Juice got up, squeezing his fingers so tight it hurt. A cold hatred flared up, making him breathe hard. "Where did you get the balls to show your face here?" he snapped. 

Although the rage was radiating from his face, she didn't step back. With slumped shoulders she looked at him. "I'm so sorry Juice." She rubbed her eyes. 

"You're sorry?" he grumbled. More anger flared up in his chest and he stepped closer to her. "You're sorry?? If you truly felt sorry, you would have hung yourself from a tree a long time ago!"

She flinched when he stood in front of her, grabbing her arm. More tears rolled down her cheeks. "I couldn't," she sniffled. "It felt like a too easy way out. And I thought – I thought she wouldn't want me to die. I hoped – I hoped she would forgive me one day."

There was nothing he wanted to do more than strangling her, than squeezing all the life out of her. Deep down he however knew that wasn't the right thing to do – and especially not at a graveyard. He wasn't the only one seeking justice.

"Why the hell would she ever forgive you!" he snapped. "It's your fault that our daughter is dead. It's your fault that she's dead herself!" Tears of powerlessness jumped into his eyes. 

"I didn't know – I didn't know she was pregnant." Cherry started to cry even harder.

He couldn't care less. He despised her tears – she had no right to bawl her eyes out. All of this was her fucking fault, she had taken Dana to Maddox!

"I'm sorry Juice," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry." Her hairs were sticking to her face and she dropped on her knees on the ground. Her arms wrapped around her upper body, she cradled herself.

It took Juice a hell of an effort not to kick her in the face. "What difference does your regret make, huh? Are those crocodile tears bringing them back? Well?" He grabbed her hair and yanked back her head. "Well?! Is your sorry gonna bring my girls back?!" He spitted in her face. "What the fuck are you doin' here, you stupid cunt? I swore I would kill you if I ever saw your face again. You thought I was bluffing?!" By her hair, he pulled her on her feet, making her scream. "I'll never get a hold on Maddox, but at least it will give a little bit of satisfaction to jam a knife in your stomach."

Sobbing, she wobbled on her legs. "Please Juice," she whispered. "Please let me sit at her grave for a while. Please let me say goodbye. I know I made a horrible mistake, something I can never make up for. But I – I have to tell her how sorry I am. In case – in case her soul is still wandering around, not able to find peace because of what I did."

With a sigh, Juice pushed her away. She fell on her knees in the gravel and crying she crawled to the grave. Bent over, she kept sitting there. Her shoulders were shaking, her lips muttering words he couldn't understand.

With a straight face Juice watched her, his hand close to the gun behind his waistband. The moment she would try to escape, he would gun her down. This time Dana would get justice – whatever it would take.

Cherry however made no move to flee. Maybe she had already known what fate was hanging over her head. It calmed him down a little. 

After a long time, Cherry got on her feet. She looked around and her glance rested upon the little grave next to Dana's. "Your daughter," she said softly. "What happened to her?"

"What do you think happened to her?" he grumbled. 

Shakily, she breathed in, wiping her cheeks again. "I – I never expected him to be that insane."

Her words made him feel sick. "He wasn't convincing enough on Christmas Eve?"

Bending her head, she stayed silent. 

Juice grabbed her arm. "I'm taking you to the clubhouse. If you try to get away, I put a bullet in your brain."

Cherry nodded meekly. "I got nowhere to go. I haven't for a long time."

Juice couldn't call up the slightest bit of empathy. He didn't give a fuck about how she had gotten through the past two years. Being convinced that she wouldn't run away, he let go of her as they walked to the parking lot.

"You guys uh – you ever heard from Kip again?" she asked quietly. 

Juice briefly glanced at her. "He's back."

Her eyes widened. "W-what?"

He didn't give her an explanation. She would discover soon enough that he couldn't remember her. Silently she sat on the back of his bike. Her hands were shaking as she placed them on his hips. 

"Is the club gonna kill me?" she asked in a tiny voice.

"I wish I could blow up your brain right now," he answered grimly. "But I'm finally on good terms with them again so I won't let you fuck things up again. I'll follow the rules of the club and if they don't agree with your death, I'm gonna make damn sure I get justice in a different way." He started the bike. "So yeah, you're miserable life will be over soon."