074 • Dana

Dana was nervous as hell when she entered the clubhouse. The minute she had killed Maddox, she had called the authorities and explained the situation. Since she was officially dead, it was easy to verify that she had been reported missing four years ago. 

The police had picked them up from the airport and they were just done with their statements. And finally – finally they were allowed to go back to the others. 

Back to Juice. 

Of course she kept in mind that he might have moved on with his life; he might be in a new relationship, maybe he even had a kid. It didn't matter – as long as she could hold him in her arms. 

It had became dead silent in the dark room. Everyone was staring at her, even the Croweaters and Sons she didn't know. Casper squeezed her hand, all the attention made him nervous. 

Her eyes darted through the room. Tears jumped into her eyes the moment they fell upon Kip, and she squeezed Casper's hand once more. That was his father. Kip however didn't move, like he couldn't believe they were really here. 

A bar stool was moved and her eyes shot to the side. 

Oh god, there he was. 

With a pale face he stared at her. She covered her mouth when their eyes met and started to cry. Through a blur of tears she saw that the person next to him gave him a little nudge. Immediately he jumped up, sprinted across the room and grasped her firmly. 

Hot tears rolled down her cheeks when she let go of Casper so she could wrap both arms around Juice. 

"Is it really you?" His voice sounded fragile and his fingers were shaking while raking through her hair. "Oh baby is it really you?"

Sobbing, she nodded, raising her head. Tears dripped down his cheeks. His hands cupped her face, hers moved to his head as well. While her fingertips stroked his stubble, she looked into those beautiful brown eyes. His thumbs brushed her cheeking, leaving behind little jolts. 

"I can't believe it."

Through her tears, she smiled at him. Mesmerized, his thumb stroked her lip. 

"It's really you... it's really you right? Oh god." He started to sob again and hugged her once more. Gratefully she pressed her face against his chest. Her whole body seemed to burn now he was standing so close. She could neither believe that she had found him back after all those years. 

For a long time he was just holding her, although she could feel his lips right through her hair. Slowly she looked up. Her hand moved to his neck again while she searched for his eyes. 

His lips were quivering, as if he wanted to say something. Softly she pressed her mouth against his, lightly, giving him the chance to break the kiss if there was indeed another girl in his life. He however kissed her back without hesitation. Her legs felt weak when his tongue swirled around hers and she tightened her grasp around the hem of his cut.

All the pain she had gone through the last years; it hadn't changed a thing about the love she felt for this man. 

After the kiss she laid her hand against his cheek. There were countless things she wanted to tell him, but not a single word slipped her lips. 

Juice's forehead rested against hers. When he smiled at her, the butterflies danced through her stomach. 

"Go hug the others." His lips wandered to her ear and he whispered. "But I claim you tonight."

Dana wasn't ready to let go of him and pulled him closer. "I still can't believe I'm not dreaming."

. . .