64

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

cindys pov-vote and comment-

| sunday april 30 5:38 PM |

"i still can't decide on what dress to wear to graduation" nia groans, reaching out for my hand to keep her from floating away from me. chris slightly sits up from his floaty and gives her a dumb founded look. it made me laugh a little as she looks confused on what he meant mu the look he gave her. "what?" she asks, watching him as he shakes his head at her. "graduation is saturday. you should have had the full fit picked out like a week ago" he says with a smile, teasing her on how she somehow hasn't picked out her dress yet. she's usually planning outfits weeks ahead of when they're supposed to be worn. considering it's graduation, something she's been looking forward to more than anyone, you'd think she'd already have the perfect dress picked out.

"i think your pale yellow one would be perfect. you always look so pretty in it" i tell her. i've always envied the way she looked in that dress. it fit her body perfectly and the color looked amazing on her. "you don't think it'd be too basic?" she winces. "hell no. basic is good sometimes.. and basic or not, everyone's eyes will be on you when you wear it saturday." i explain making her smile. "no, cindys right. the yellow one was made for you. just wear it. trust me." chris adds onto my statement. "okay. what are you guys wearing?" she asks, looking at both of us. i move my hand around in the water for a second, trying to decide on which dress i should wear. my mom helped pick out two and i still can't decide between them.

"i'm wearing jeans and my nice blue button up." chris smiles. you could tell he was proud of his decision. the blue button up looks just as great on him as the yellow dress does on nia. they both look over at me, waiting for me to spill what outfit i was going to wear. "my nude dress" i answer quickly, feeling pressured into answering immediately. "cindy! you're going to look so hot. that dress will do you nothing but good." nia gasps making me laugh some. "we need to take graduation pictures together! we should all dress up and take them wednesday?" she suggests.

"can't" i shake my head. her head turns to me and she raises her eyebrows, waiting for me to explain. i let out a laugh and look down nervously since i haven't exactly told them the news yet. "me and jack are going apartment looking...?" i tell them, unsure of how to word it because of how nervous i was of their reactions, especially since they're just now finding out. we haven't told anyone really... well we haven't told anyone. we've kept it to ourselves. "oh my God." chris gapes, staring at me like he didn't know what to say to that but the look had a faint smile held at his lips. "you guys are moving in together??" he asks me right after, before nia could put a word in. "yes... by june actually." i smile, becoming excited over the idea of us living together. i feel like it's a big step... well it is, but i just feel like it's a good step. i think it will be good for us.

"i can't believe this. you're growing up." nia whines causing me to splash her some to stop her sappy lecture from coming my way. "don't even start" i laugh, mainly at her face from me splashing her. she splashes me back earning a shrug from me, i deserved it. "you two are kids" chris shakes his head at us with a smile. "i seriously can't though. think about it... what if you two didn't bump into each other the party." she states causing me to stop for a second and think.

he's been in almost every single one of my senior year memories, both good and maybe a few bad. if we hadn't have met and ended up together like we did... would i have even had my first real kiss... or would i even still be a virgin. everything would be completely different. "that would change everything." i say softly. "i can't even imagine us not being friends with him at this point.... we're all so close." nia adds making me think deeper into the subject.

if we hadn't of met everything would be so different. sam wouldn't have been there to help nia as much as he did after her break up. jack and i wouldn't be together, obviously. he'd probably be 'dating' or hooking up with some random hot girl right now. the thought made me feel a little sick to my stomach. just like nia said, i can't imagine not knowing him or being with him... i don't want to. he's had such an impact on my life and i can't imagine it just not being there or going away.

"just think about it... you'd probably be with latrelle right now." she teases making me let out a gag. "latrelle? seriously?" i laugh at her, harshly shaking my head. "i mean... he was into you, you would have totally been freaking out if he hit on you or even looked your way." chris adds, swimming closer to us singing he was drifting more towards the edge of the pool and away from us. "i don't think so..." i answer honestly. i really didn't want to think about it, especially knowing how jack feels about him. "i mean don't get me wrong, he's a decent looking guy but he's not my type" i add onto my previous answer. "what is your type then?" she presses with a smile. she should know the answer.

"jack"

hi guys!

just a filler chapter between the og three of the book.

luv u all and we're almost at 70K reads!

keep up the votes and comments!

❤️