31

cindy's pov
vote and comment

| monday december 20 4:32 PM |

"it was hilarious! you should have saw your face." jack laughs, as i start to open my front door. "it was not." i protest, trying to convince him that scaring me isn't funny. when i open the door my face falls when i see my mom and adam sitting on the couch together. i quickly fix it into a smile, trying to work on getting used to seeing this. "hey sweetie! how was jack's?" my mom exclaims as i look over at adam to see a smile on his face as well. "oh jack, i've missed seeing you. how was your day?" my mom changes the subject from me to jack quickly. i guess i'll just go fuck myself.adam gives jack a questionable look as he continually changes his gaze from me to jack, most likely wondering who he is. "hi mrs.kimberly, ive missed you too. and my day has been great so far...how about you?" he asks, shutting the front door behind him.

"who is this?" adam asks confused. "oh! this is jack, cindy's boyfriend." my mom says making my eyes widen some. "he's not my boyfriend." i correct. "yet." jack adds making me smiles some. my heart beat sped up some just thinking about jack being my boyfriend, something i only thought would happen in my dreams or some random scenario i'd make up in my head. no, this was real, i couldn't be more thankful either.

"well jack, i'm adam...veronica's boyfriend, it's nice to meet you." adam says making my insides twist. i don't think it's possible to get used to it now that i think of it. he continues standing up from his spot before walking over and holding out his hand. jack meets him half way to shake his hand, giving him a nod as well. "it's nice to meet you too." he smiles as he pulls his hand away. "oh cindy, i was just over here to tell you that my friend liam and his wife Elaine said that they'd like to check out some of your work." adam tells me making a wide smile form on my face. "really?" i ask, surprised that he was being serious. at first i thought maybe it was just talk so that i'd start liking him, but i guess not. "yes. maybe one day me, you and your mom could go meet up with them..."he suggests earning a nod from me. "that sounds really good." i say as he smiles at me.

"we'll be up in my room if you guys need us." i tell them, grabbing jacks hand and pulling him towards the stairs so we could go to my room. "okay, we're just going to order in some pizza tonight. jack will you be staying?" my mom asks causing us to stop so he'd answer her. he looks over at me, almost like he was asking if it was okay. i nod and he does as well. "yes, only if you don't mind.." he says making her laugh some. "you're always welcome." she smiles making him smile as well as we walk the rest of the way to my room.

"he seems nice." jack speaks up as i walk towards my closet so i could throw my back pack in there. "yeah he is." i admit, i feel bad for the way i acted when my mom first told me about him. i should have approached it better. "have you met his son yet?" he asks me. "no, i don't even know when i'm supposed to." i shrug. i really don't know if i want to. id most likely be proved wrong twice. "too bad i got the best of your work, liam and elaine are out of luck" jack changes the subject making me smile. "is that so?" i press. he nods his head like he was sure of it. "i mean i did work hard on it." i shrug.

"by the way... for wednesday, what do i need to wear?" i ask, raising my eyebrows as i look over at him. i don't know if i need to dress nice or casual for our first official date... i'm actually more nervous than i should be. i shouldn't be this nervous. we hang out all the time it's no different than the others. i just need to breathe.

"comfy, i was thinking maybe we could go ice skating and out to eat?" he suggests making me smile. i've always wanted to go ice skating. i see videos of people doing it all the time and i've always wanted to try it out. "yesss, that would be so fun. where are we going to eat?" i ask curiously. "wait, we should get froyo instead of food." i tell him making him laugh. "how about we get both. we can go get food, go ice skating then froyo before we go home." he suggests his idea. "deal. you choose the food place, i don't care where we eat at." i reassure him so he knows it's fully up to him. i want him to have fun too and get what he likes as well, i don't want it to be just about what i like. "how is panda express?" he asks, making sure i liked it. "yes, if that's what you want then we'll go there." i smile, walking over and stopping in front of him.

"i think it's going to be perfect." i tell him, starting to become less nervous and more excited about our date. i've been waiting for this since freshman year and it's finally happening.

he grabs me by the back of my thighs and sets me on top of him making my face heat up some. "i know it will."he smiles, looking up at me. he leans in and starts to kiss me causing me to smile into the kiss like i do every time he kisses me. i can't help it. it just happens. i get excited and don't know what else to do but smile.

he places his hands on my waist as i place both of my hands on each side of his face, pulling him closer to me. he lets out a small groan making me pull away quickly, worried that i did something wrong. "what'd i do??" i ask frantically, becoming nervous that i actually did something wrong. "nothing, just keep doing whatever you were doing." he says pulling my lips back to his. i continue to do the same things i've been doing, exactly like he had showed me the other day.

"cindy, the pizza is-" my mom states while opening the door causing both jack and i to jump. she gives us a look with raised eyebrows and places her hands on her hips. i jump off of him and take a seat next to him. i don't know how his face isn't red, i can tell mine is just from how hot it feels. she leans against the door frame and sighs making me wish she had knocked like she normally does because we were about to get a speech.

"listen...i love both of you, but let's not push our luck here. i was a teenager once too and i'm smart enough to remember that making out leads to sex and do you know what sex leads to? babies. now listen jack, if you get her pregnant i will personally beat you ass after having a little talk with your mom... is this clear?" my mom asks continually looking between jack and i. "yes ma'am" we both say at the same time. "now, the pizza is here... you can come down and eat it whenever you like." she says before turning around and walking out, leaving the door open this time.

jack and i stay quiet for a second before turning our heads and looking at each other. we make eye contact and we both immediately burst into laughter. "well, i'm screwed" i say with a smile making us laugh again. "love that for us." i add. "hmm... i don't even know what to say about it." he smiles.

tomorrow is finally friday

i'm really ready for the weekend

i hope u guys enjoyed this chapter! keep up the votes and comments, i love the feed back!❤️

❤️