1

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

|thursday , october 14 7:49 AM|

"look at him, isn't he perfect?" nia gushes as she watches her boyfriend tre practice. we come to every thursday morning practice to watch him before game day. i'd say we're pretty good supporters. she puts her hand on my thigh, taking my attention off of a certain player.

jack gilinsky.

he was by far one of the most popular and dreamy guys in the school. anybody would love to be his girlfriend or even his friend. he's practically worshiped by anyone he crosses paths with. i can see why though. i've found him attractive ever since we were freshman. when he was still at that awkward stage.he wasn't completely done growing. his height was awkward, his laugh and smile were perfect and his hair was never done, that's what made him catch my attention... i found him attractive before puberty and girls happened. i should at least get some recognition for it but i doubt he even acknowledges me.

"i still can't believe we're actually dating" she smiles again. a small shiver crawls up my spine from how cold it was out here making her laugh. "maybe we should start bringing a blanket?" she suggests making me nod. "that'd be wise" i sarcastically smile. "we really need to get you a boyfriend" chris laughs from beside me causing me roll my eyes. "more like we need to find you a boyfriend." i retort, bringing up the countless amount of times he's said i need a boyfriend to us the past few months. "that too, but seriously you need one" nia agrees while chris nods and looks over at me. "trust me, i've tried. maybe dating just isn't for me" i say, on the verge of giving up on dating. no matter how many times i try to meet someone it always fails. nobody wants to date an unpopular, nerdy and unathletic girl like me. it's social suicide, ask anyone.

the guys around here only care about their reputations and other people's opinions rather than finding someone who is actually meant for them.

"try one more time. start dressing up and going out more... effort wouldn't kill you" she suggests as looks over my current outfit consisting of sweats, a sweatshirt and your basic slides. "what's wrong with what i have on now?"

"everything honey" chris laughs as he shakes his head at me. i let out a small gasp making nia join him. "i happen to like what i have on." i defend, this is effort... i actually showed up today. and that, they should be thankful for.

"listen, there's a football game after party tomorrow night... you're coming and not in sweats" nia sighs like it was disappointing. "why not" i ask. she looks at my outfit again and shakes her head at it. "like i said... effort wouldn't kill you" she says standing up, we follow her actions and start to walk towards the school so we wouldn't be tardy for our first period. "that's easy for you to say, you get up and do your hair and make up every single day. this is hard enough for me as it is" i point out as i motion to my outfit. "and what if i don't want to go?" i press.

"jack will be there" she points out, knowing that'd be the icing to the cake. i stay quiet for a second so it seems like i'm thinking this through when in reality i'm actually thinking about jack being at the same party as me and imagining all the untheoretical ways to get him to talk to me. "okay fine... but i'm not wearing a dress" i stare her down. "jeans?"

"jeans." i agree while chris opens the door for us. "wait we actually get to see you in jeans?" he teases making me smile. "thank you and yes, you actually get to see me in jeans" i shrug while he looks at me, almost like he was waiting for me to complain about it but i'm going to refrain myself from it.

one night in jeans couldn't kill me.

"damn i think we actually got her" he says looking over at nia then back to me. she looks over at him then at me making me laugh at their stares. "okay enough staring. we have-"

"what the hell? these are new!" i hear a screech come from above me.

regina hydes.

she may seem like your typical selfish, backstabbing, slut-face, hoe bag, but in reality she is so much more than that.

she's the so called queen bee here, which i honestly don't see why. especially from how she treats people.

"you stepped on my designer shoes you whore!" she gags looking down at her perfectly clean, pearly white heels. "it's not like it's real." chris shrugs as he examines the shoes from afar. "excuse me? my mom bought me these." she retorts with a raised eyebrow. "and your mom must shop at payless... those are not designer" he laughs to him self while i stay quiet, still staring at her shoes.

"excuse me?"

"you heard me... now we're trying to get to class, nice chat though" chris waves and starts to walk off, we follow him while we try to hold in our laughter from our current encounter with regina. chris is not someone to play around with, he will go off when ever and where ever... no hesitation. nia can be the same way. i love that about them. me on the other hand, i possibly couldn't muster up enough courage to even get a word out when she was talking to me. she probably thinks i'm mute.

"now i believe we were planning our outfits?" chris starts up.

hi guys! first chapter, i hope you liked it! i just thought of an idea and started writing, i didn't want to lose it. i have a good idea for this book in my opinion and i hope it turns out great!

please vote and comment! i'd love some feed back!💛