25

cindy kimberly
-vote and comment-

| tuesday, december 7 10:39 AM |

"you can't be serious..." i let out a single laugh as i look down at jacks painting. "that's what reminds you of me?" i ask, feeling the need to punch him...but not too hard i do care for him and all. he holds up his painted canvas next to my face and looks from my face over to it for a few seconds. "i see no difference" he says, somehow acting completely serious when i know down inside he's actually trying his hardest not to let out a laugh. "i do not look like an egg." i whine making him let out the laugh he was once holding back.

i take the canvas from him and examine it. it had a white back ground with a large, tan egg sitting in the middle with its shadow casting beside it. i couldn't lie it actually looked good for an egg. "i couldn't help it"

"here i am over here, still working on my painting of a pretty sunset and you painted an egg." i sigh looking down at my sunset. our assignment was to draw something that reminds or reminded you of your partner you chose for this quick project. i painted a sunset because they make you feel all warm and happy...he painted an egg because, i guess i'm an egg.

"listen" he starts, putting his hand over mine that rested on the table. "i'll make it have a smiley face?" he suggests while i stare down at his hand on mine. he realizes i was staring and pulls it off. "oh, sorry"

"no it's fine" i say grabbing it, taking myself by surprise since i'm starting to become more confident around him when it comes to making moves like this. i'm becoming more and more comfortable with my self around him and i like it. it's supposed to be that way.

"i liked it" i smile as i look down at our hands. i loved it actually. "I'll put a heart by it or something?" he suggests again making me laugh at how he tried to make me feel better about it. "jack it's fine, i love the egg" i tell him making him nod and smile. "see, i knew you would." he shrugs like it was destined to happen. i laugh to myself at him and focus on painting my sunset that reminded me of him.

it's the perfect sunset.

the one you can't take your eyes off of. the one that you wish was never ending. the perfect sunset with all the pretty colors... purples, pinks, orange, and a hit of yellow. that's what jack reminds me of. something so mesmerizing and so well put together, you can't look away.

i look back over at jack and see how focused he was on painting the heart next to the egg. he had his eyebrows furrows and his eyes squinted while his tongue was slightly sticking out of his mouth. it was insanely cute how determined he was to make it perfect.

"done" he says quickly, looking over at me with a smile that grew bigger when his eyes landed on mine. all of our eye contacts always made us smile. i wonder if they make him feel warm inside like they do to me.

"it looks perfect" i tell him, examining his purple heart next to the egg. "really? i was thinking maybe i did it too big but i do-" "jack really it's perfect" i smile, he put in the effort. he was so excited about it, that's what makes it better than anything.

"okay, it's three minutes to the bell. let's start to clean up our tables and make them as clean as they were when you got here." the teacher calls out, looking around the room. everyone starts to stand up and clean their areas, doing as he said. making them as clean as they were when we got there.

"you know, sweats suit you." jack says after the bell rings. i let out a small laugh as i grab my back pack, swinging it over my shoulders. "you look good in them" he says making me blush. and to think i wasn't impressing him. at least i'm impressing somebody.

"well thank you, they're my favorite." i tell him as we start to walk out of the class room together. he takes me by surprise and grabs my hand making my heart beat speed up as i look down at our linked hands. this is our first time to hold hands like this in school. everything is getting so much better than i could have ever imagined. i figured that maybe he'd be embarrassed to be seen with me. i'm in no way popular or well known around here, even from the way i dress i would have thought he wouldn't want to be seen holding hands or something in that genre while at school.

i smile at our hands before looking up at him. "i hope you don't mind" he says, worried that i wouldn't like it. "i don't... at all really." i answer honestly and quicker than i should have. he laughs some and looks down at me. before he could reply sammy comes up behind him and puts him in a playful choke hold. i would have figured he would have let go of my hand but he didn't. he still held onto it.

"jacks in loveeeee" sammy taunts making nate laugh. "man shut up. who was it... um sophomore year, katelyn i believe" nate speaks up, teasing sammy about a girl he used to date back in tenth grade. "oh nate i love her, oh nate i'm going to marry her, oh nate i-" "okay, okay, we get it i was at one point in love." sammy says releasing jack from his choke hold. "so listen cindy, i'm having a kick back at my place friday night. just the boys right but get this i'm going to invite you, nia and chris. i don't care if they bring tre and vanc-" "vince" jack corrects making sammy sigh. "vince" he repeats jacks correction. "anyways you guys can come over if you want to." he says making me smile. "i'll be sure to let them know" i tell him, feeling more welcome into jacks friend group.

just a short filler chapter.

hope u enjoyed it!

❤️