16

cindy's pov
vote and comment

| friday, november 12 3:31 PM |

"hello?" i say as i answer jacks unexpected call. "stay right where you are, don't get in the car i've been trying to catch up to you for a few minutes." he tells me, you could hear his heavy breathing and the wind from how fast he was running or walking. i let out a small laugh and only open up my door to put my back pack in the car before turning around and waiting for him to catch up to me.

"about time" i tease when he makes it over by my car. "haha very funny" he says sarcastically. "what's up?" i ask, raising my eyebrows as i look up at him. "me and the boys were going to hang out at johnson's, i was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" he asks. "yeah sure" i nod. "wait really?" he asks me, sounding surprised. "yes, really" i nod again causing him to smile. "i can drive us, you could follow me or we could ride with johnson" he tells me the options. "i'll just follow you"

"okay, i'll see you there then" he smiles before jogging across the parking lot to get to his car.

the whole ride i kept getting more and more nervous. i've barely even talked to jacks friends, only sammy and he was hitting on me the whole entire time. St the first cook out i went to, i didn't even really get the chance to talk to them. they mainly just joked about jack and i napping.

"what's wrong?" jack asks me, furrowing his eyebrows as we start to walk towards johnson's front door. "i'm just kind of nervous i guess" i tell him, he looks down at me and smiles. "don't be, they're really nice and chill when you get to know them. just ignore sammy's comments and you'll make it through the whole thing. and in plus we can leave when ever you're ready."

"we? we took separate cars" i laugh some. "i'll just leave whenever you do" he shrugs causing me to nod as he turns the knob and walks in with out knocking. "hi jack, they're in the game room doing lord knows what" a lady who i'm guessing is johnson's mom laughs as she continues to wipe down the coffee table. "okay, thank you" jack smiles at her and starts to walk up stairs to the game room.

"agh jack you finally made it" johnson cheers before taking a drink out of his water bottle. "and hey cindy" he adds with a smile, making me feel welcome rather than how i was feeling on the way here. "i have to piss, i'll be right back" jack says looking down at me, waiting for me to answer.nid rather him not go so i wouldn't have to be here alone with all the guys but he has to go, what would i do? wait in the bathroom with him?

i nod and watch as he walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him making me start to feel uncomfortable and out of place. it's not that i don't trust them and think they're going to try something, it just that i don't know them. i don't know what they like to talk about, wat they like to joke about, what they like to do, none of that. it just makes me feel stuck and not know what to do.