32

cindy's pov
vote and comment

| wednesday december 22, 7:03 PM |

"i still don't get it" i laugh, holding onto jack tightly as he holds onto the side rails. we've both been trying to get the hang of ice skating for the past hour but we were absolutely awful. the amount of times owe've fallen is embarrassing, there's little kids here doing better than us. "wait watch her, i haven't seen her fall yet." jack says pointing his head towards a girl in a blue hoodie, ice skating like her life depended on it. "she's really good." i state making jack laugh at my reference before we both refocus on her.

"oh i think i get it now" i speak up quickly, taking my arms off of jack so i could show him. "you just do this" i say in attempt of moving my feet like she was but i end up failing and slipping. jack grabs my arm, trying to stop me from falling but he ends up on the ground with me. we both sit there for a second, completely defeated before looking at each other and laughing at our luck. of course this would happen.

the odds of us leaving here knowing how to skate are getting slimmer and slimmer by the second. "come on, let's try again." he smiles, grabbing the rail to help pull him self up. he holds his hand out to help me up making me put one hand up on the rail and the other in his. when i'm finally up i let out a sigh and we go back to watching everyone else who was making it look easier than it actually was. "maybe we're not balanced enough?" jack suggests, making a good point. "let's see you be balanced" i laugh with a smirk, just to see him fall. we haven't even moved that far from the entrance to the rink ever since we've been here. we look like jokes but we're actually having fun with this, i don't regret it.

"challenge accepted." he smirks back, taking his hand off the rail after taking a deep breath. he looked more nervous than he tried to make him self out to be. he tried to seem like he'd get it with no problem but you could tell he was nervous. "you've got it" i wink making him smile and ease up. it was adorable. i wouldn't think my words to him would be able to do that.

"i hope so" he laughs back before he starts to attempt at being balanced when he did it. he started off slow, really slow. he wasn't doing bad. he went further than either of us had gone which was something, until he fell causing me to laugh at him. i skate as fast as i could, which wasn't very, along the rail until
i made it over to him. "are you okay?" i laugh at him, seeing the smile on his face you could tell he was okay. "yeah, i kind of did it though." he says, grabbing my hand so i could help him up the best i could. "you di-"i start to say he did, but he cuts me off by placing his lips on mine.

this one made my heart race more than any of the other ones. it was our first kiss out in public. we've only ever kissed at our houses, away from everyone else. it made me happy, it kind of feels official. like i could kiss him anytime i wanted to...