56

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

| wednesday march 22 7:13 PM |

"just try it" jack tells me, i shake my head in response as i look down at the food he had ordered. i've never been a fan of sea food. i've always disliked it, even as a kid. no one could ever get me to eat it. "i have once before and i hated it" i say making him laugh some. "you're missing out big time" he sighs with a shrug as he looks across the table at me. "i seriously doubt it, but you do you" i smile at him. "besides i have this burger" i add, picking it up and taking a bite out of it. the burger was two times the size of a normal one, it was huge.

he stares at me with a smirk causing me to furrow my eyebrows and continue to chew my food. "i just had the most brilliant idea ever." he starts. i raise my eyebrows as if i was telling him to go on. i can't talk with all of this food in my mouth. "you could be one of those hot girls that bite into the big burgers on the commercials" jack nods, tucking in his lips like it was the most perfect idea.

i hold up my finger, trying to hold in my laugh.

"i actually used to want to be one of those girls. i always thought they were so pretty" i laugh, remembering back when i was about eleven and seeing those type of commercials in football game commercial breaks. "see! it's perfect! you'd be the best one. i mean i know if watch the commercial... i wouldn't even skip it." he tells me, trying to bribe me into it. i smile at him and shake my head. "i don't know, i don't really know if i'd like being anything like that now that i think about it." i shrug. "why not?" he asks curiously. "i don't know. if you can't tell i'm modest... i don't know if i'd like being sexualized by guys" i answer honestly. it's true, i am very modest. jacks the only guy that's ever seen me naked... or even in a bra and that took at least five or six months. to add on to that i'm not completely confident in myself to have anything to do with something like that. half of the girls that do that are undeniably pretty and most likely don't care about others opinions on themselves. which is something i wish i could do sometimes.

"you have a point, i didn't think about that" he tells me, agreeing with what i said. "Oh also i have a question for you" i look up from my burger and make brief eye contact with him. "what's up?" i ask him, starting to become nervous. of all things anyone could say 'i have a question' is my least favorite. it's so unpredictable and my mind always goes to something bad. i'm a pessimist when it comes to that question. you never know what they're going to ask you.

"so prom is coming up right..." he starts out making me smile. "and i'm thinking me and you should go... i mean it's up to you. i'm not going if you don't want to cause that'd be rude but still i'm hoping you'd want to go with me." he rambles making me smile. "i'm sorry it's not like those big prom proposal things but i couldn't think of a good idea with out copying any of the people that have alr-" "jack it's fine, i love it. of course i'll go with you." i cut him off making both of us smile at my 'yes'.

"really?" he asks quickly. i reassure him with a small laugh and a nod. he runs his fingers through his hair and smiles. "i was honestly scared you would say no." he laughs at me. i furrow my eyebrows. "why's that?" i ask him. "you know.. the whole dressing up thing. i didn't know if you'd like it or not." he explains himself making me smile. "i'll wear a dress for prom. it's a good reason to. i actually really like prom dresses. i always help nia with hers when she goes shopping for them every year." i tell him.

"did she help you with yours or did you always choose your own. she's a little girly." he laughs at how she's always going all
out for everything. glitter. rhinestones. jewelry. tons of makeup and she absolutely hates getting dirty with everything in her.
"no, i've never been. this will be my first year." i tell him excitedly making his eyes
widen. i'm actually really excited to go this year. i've always heard nia and chris' stories and i always loved the way it sounded. in every story they told me it never failed to sound fun. i'm so glad he asked.

"you've never been?" he asks quickly. "nope" i shake my head, going along with my answer. "you're joking right...?" he asks me, raising his eyebrows at my reply. he seemed surprised that i've never been to a single prom. "no
i'm being serious." i tell him again. he shakes his head and leans back in his seat. "has anyone ever asked you?" he asks curiously making me laugh at the thought of the one time someone did back in sophomore year. "yes. kyle pearson... but that was just as a joke" i laugh again remembering over hearing him and his friends talk about asking me to prom as a dare. he was a junior at the time. total prick. "i remember him! he was always a dick. i couldn't stand him." jack tells me making me nod in agreement to what he had called him. i couldn't agree more. i can't lie, hearing them talk about me and have him ask me as a dare really hurt my feelings but i eventually got over it. "but how did you know it was a joke" he adds.

"i over heard them in algebra... he sat a few seats ahead of me but they didn't know how to whisper. i was basically called naive, clueless and a dumb sophomore who would kill to go with this inconsiderate ass junior" i laugh. "you said no right?" he raises his eyebrows then shakes his head. "wait ignore that, of course you did." he says remembering me telling him i've never been before. "well at least you have someone who really wants to go with you now. i still can't believe nobody has even asked you before though.. besides kyle but he can fuck right off" he laughs at his words making me smile and nod in agreement. "you're telling me but i'm excited to go this year with you. i know it will be fun." i smile at him.

hi guys!

sorry i've been so busy lately i've barely had any time to write.

hopefully you enjoyed this chapter.

keep up the votes and comments!

i love the feed back.

❤️