58

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

cindys pov -vote and comment-

| saturday april 8 8:45 PM |

"you two look absolutely beautiful, chris you look so handsome" my mom smiles as she walks in my room, most likely to check on the three of us. "thanks mom" we all say in unison making her laugh. "first prom and now you're graduating in a a few weeks..." my mom sighs, you could hear the hurt in her voice making my heart break some. with it being the two
of us for so long we've only had eachother... i know she's always dreaded my senior year, i only hope adam can make it easier on her. if i could bring her with me everywhere i went i definitely would. she's my mom, i feel like going on with my life would be awful cause she won't be there to experience everything with me like she would if i lived with her.

"it will be okay" i smile warmly, standing up from my bed where nia was doing my make up. i walk over to my mom and embrace her in a tight hug. she squeezes back tightly before breaking the hug and looking at me, nia and chris. "i got you guys something..." my mom tells us pulling a small package from her back pocket. we all smile at her and i grab it from her before walking over to the two of them causing us all to open it together. there were three smaller separate envelope type of packages with out names on them. we grab ours and begin opening them, each revealing a necklace with a small turquoise gem in the middle. it was beautiful. "its december's gem... it means friendship and i thought it was perfect for the three of you." she tells us making us all smile and stand up before walking over to hug her. we all crowded around her as we hugged her tightly. "it's perfect" nia smiles. "thank you"

"it was nothing, i love you guys... anyways the boys are here" she tells us with a smirk making my heart beat speed up faster than it has ever sped up. i don't think i've ever been so nervous. i know i shouldn't be over something as simple as prom but how anxious it's making me is actually killing me. "let me finish putting her lashes on and we'll be ready... can you stall?" nia begs her. she nods with a smile and winks at us. "i can try"

"it shouldn't be long." nia reassures her earning a quick nod from my mom as she walks out of my room, shutting the door behind her. "these are so cute" nia gushes, looking down at the necklace in her hand. "help me put it on?" i ask her making her nod quickly. she helps, i help her then i help chris as well. nia finishes up
putting my eyelash on and she smiles on satisfaction at her work. "you look so pretty cin" she smiles causing chris to rush over to her side to check out her work. he lets out a gasp and smiles as well. "you were perfect before but now... wow" he tells me. "do you think jack will like it?" i ask reaching out for the mirror next to me. i look at myself and smile. of course he'd love it. nia did a really good job. "i love it" i say before she could reply.

"let's go" she smiles grabbing mine and chris' hand to pull us out of my room. my nerves were worse than before as we walk down the stairs. jacks eyes immediately land on mine and the look he gave me made the moment perfect. he looked proud and happy... it was cute. i smile down at him, holding our eye contact as i make my way down the stairs quickly to reach him. when i finally do he smiles down at me. "you look beautiful" he tells me. "like really beautiful"

my face heats up at his compliment making him chuckle some. he leans down and kisses my forehead. my insides were actual mush at this point. it did nothing but make me realize how much i absolutely adore him and how grateful i am to have him in my life. i couldn't be more happy and content with the way everything is right now. i have the most loving family, the best group of friends and the most perfect boyfriend. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.

"lets get a picture of everyone" adam exclaims looking proudly at all of us.

____

"wow this is so pretty" i smile as we take a seat at one of the tables spread out through out the top floor. it was over looking the dance floor below us giving you the perfect view for below you. all of the decorations were beautiful. black and gold were the main colors through out the whole building. "this is way better than last years location." he chuckles. "they didn't have nearly as much decorations or anything, regina really stepped her game up this year." he adds making me mentally roll my eyes at the mention of her name.

"me and nia are going to go dance you guys should come." sam smiles, looking down at nia with a look i adored. just friends or not, she needed to be looked at like that. i wish she'd give him the chance he deserves. he's been so good to her and i know he'll be good for her as well. he's become so much more mature ever since he's met her it's crazy. i love it for them... how they're so close and i'm glad he's getting her to laugh. i know the break up with tre was hard on her and i'm forever grateful he helped her back up from that. "actually i'm going to go get us some drinks... maybe some food first. she's hungry" jack speaks up making me smile. we were talking about eating a majority of the way here. "whatever, come on" nia smiles at sammy before pulling him away. "they just need to date already" jack and i say at the same time causing us to bust out into laughter. i stand up and walk over to the balcony part of the top floor to look down at the dance floor.

"well there's nothing ever big here... it's mainly just small snacks..." he tells me, standing up
along with me and looking down at everyone dancing just like i was. "maybe we could grab food after... i really feel like dancing" i change my mind making him raise his eyebrows. "lets go then" he smiles, holding out his hand for me to grab. i grab it and he takes my hand and guides me down to the dance floor... a less crowded area. it made me relieved that it wasn't crowded. i've only ever dance with nia and chris... we were only just messing around. i actually have no idea what i'm doing. i look around at all of the couples and friends dancing around us. they seemed to be into it... grinding and all.

"let's do that" jack says, his voice laced with an obvious joking tone. i look over at a couple i was just looking at and see them grinding. the same thing half of the others were doing. i laugh some and look up at him. my heart was pounding, joke or not... it effected me. "i don't know how" i laugh at him. "i mean... i could y'all you through it" he winks i let out yet another nervous laugh, still staring up at him. it was hard to tell if he was joking or not at this point. i just shrug and he raises his eyebrows. "okay then... show me."

he smirks down at me making me blush slightly. his hands move down to my waist, turning me around causing my back to be right against his chest. my heart was racing from how close we were. "so you basically just move your hips.." he says, attempting to move them for me. i laugh lightly at his actions causing him to laugh as well. "see you're doing great"

"i'm not even doing anything. you just moved them, well tried to, on your own." i laugh at him, shaking my head along with it. "it can only get better from here" he tells me. "or worse... i've never done this before." i say, turning back around to face him. "if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it... it's completely up to you. we can do whatever you're down for" he tells me, sounding genuine. it made me wish i knew how to. i would probably do it if i could. i look back around at all of the girls and try to see what they were doing before turning around to face jack. "okay let's try it..." i laugh nervously making him laugh some as well. "you sure?" he asks, making sure i was okay with it. "positive" i nod, he turns me back around and places his hands on my waist as i move my hips. i have to say, i feel like i'm doing pretty good for a beginner. he pulls my closer to him causing my breath to hitch some. us being so close still made me nervous, even after knowing him for about seven months.

"is this good?" i ask him, vomiting to do it. he lets out a deep, shaky breath. "oh baby, this is just fine" he says. you could practically hear the smirk on his voice. i couldn't help but to laugh some. "you sure you've never done this before?" he teases making me smile. "promise"

hi guys!

hope you enjoyed the chapter!

it's longer than the last few.

❤️