59

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

| saturday april 15 11:23 PM |

"he hasn't answered my text so i don't know if he's here yet." i shrug, taking a sip of the water in my hand. i continue to look for jack, hoping he's here. he said he would be here, nia and chris begged me to come to this party today so having him here would make it better, especially after planning on staying in tonight. nia stands by me and sighs. "maybe he didn't hear the notification. i mean, the music is kind of loud." she suggests. i think about it for a second and nod. she's probably right, but then again knowing him he could be off somewhere in the house already hammered for the night...not caring about using his phone, just simply enjoying his friends company.

before i could reply my eyes meet a pair of familiar ones causing a smile to form on his face. "hey girl" latrelle beams from a few feet away, walking in my direction. "hey" i smile back at him. "it's been a minute. i haven't been at the house in a little bit." he laughs causing me to nod. "i know, whats up with that?" i ask him and he sighs. "i got a job, i figured it's about time to start getting into the hang of that." he shrugs causing me to nod again and smile at him. "wow! really? that's great!" i smile. "where at?"

"just a waiting job up there at the steak
house." he shrugs. "good tips?" i ask and he nods. "oh yeah, they're great." he smiles, looking around me and furrowing his eyebrows. "where's jack?" he asks. "who knows." i shrug, feeling slightly upset about it but choose not to show it. i wish he would answer my text. "why that face?" he laughs softly, moving closer to lean against the wall with me and nia. "he hasn't replied to my text so i don't know if he's here yet." i explain making him look around again. "well i haven't seen him... if i do though i'll be sure and tell him where i last saw you." he tells me, leaning in for a small hug. "i'll see you around" he nods, smiling along with it. "thank you, it was great seeing you." i tell him sincerely. i can't lie i have missed him and jake hanging out with me at the house. jakes been over at his moms for the past two weeks. i've been so bored at home.

"you too and there's also some people out back... maybe try looking there? or even upstairs in the game room." he adds before walking away. "he's so hot." nia gushes making me laugh some. "latrelle?" i ask causing her to nod. "yes. The things i would do to him." she smirks, biting her lip. i laugh and shake my head at her. "you two would be cute" i smile. "unexpected but definitely a cute couple."

"couple? oh no i wouldn't date him. maybe a hook up not date though. he doesn't seem like the type of guy to be faithful after all he was hitting on you in front of jack the whole first month you knew him.. knowing you two we're dating." she explains. "anyways... let's go out back? maybe it will be less crowded there." she sighs, leaning off of the wall and beginning to walk towards the back. when we make our way through the crowd of people and open up
the back door, we're immediately greeted with the sounds of splashing and some squealing from the people in the pool.