8

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| thursday, october 28 7:39 AM |

"your little friend is here" sammy says nodding his head up towards the bleachers while we are stretching for this mornings practice. nate, johnson and i look up to where he had told us too for me to see cindy. i'm surprised he could even saw her. she was with nia and chris at the top of the bleachers, she looked like she was freezing her ass off. she was wrapped in a blanket with a hoodie and sweats on, her usual everyday attire. i've never really seen her in jeans besides at the party, nia probably made her wear them. i chuckle a little to myself making the guys turn and face me with furrowed eyebrows.

"who's that?" johnson asked with his eyes scrunched up as he looks over there. "cindy" i shrug. "kimberly?" nate asks curiously. i reply with a nod as a smirk appears on his face. "man i'd hit that" sammy sighs before switching to his left leg and begins stretching it. "that bitch is fine" he adds shaking his head with a smile. "hey, let's not call her that" i say, cringing at how he called her a bitch. he's always calling girls that. "what? fine?"

"no, bitch" i correct him. "it's a habit dude, but here... that girl is fine." he says making me laugh at his correction. "she really is. i saw you guys at last weeks party though" nate says as he nudges my shoulder. "yeah i spilled my drink on her" i mutter, starting to feel bad about it again. in a way i should be kind of thankful i did it, i never would have gotten to know her... even if it's the small amount i've gotten to.

"what's going on between you two anyways?" johnson asks, looking over at me. "they're  fuckin" sammy says matter of factly causing me laugh. "no"

"we're just friends, project partners" i explain. "yeah i'm sure, was the poster and snacks project material too" sammy tests. "no, we didn't start on it that day. we kind of just hung out. we started our project on wednesday"i explain again. "mhm you guys hung out... we know how it goes" johnson smirks making me laugh. "nah i'm for real, we didn't do any of that" i smile before looking back up at her in the bleachers. the three of them looked like they were in a deep conversation. nia was doing some hand movements while cindy laughed and shook her head at her. chris just sat and watched while throwing a few words in every few seconds.

"alright boys, line up" coach yells. we all skip the groans as we run over to the line. if we groaned we would have to run more gassers than we need to. "you know the drill" he says before blowing his whistle causing us all to take off.

_____

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-
-hope ur enjoying the chapter so far-

_____

"it's actually going by faster than i thought it would" jack says looking down at our piles of construction paper ripped up into tiny pieces. we had them organized by the colors we'd need. we figured it'd take forever to rip them up but it actually wasn't. "i know, i thought this would take up most of the duration" i say making him chuckle some. "what?" i ask wondering what was so funny about that. "nothing, i've just never heard someone our age use duration in a sentence" he shrugs. "because everyone our age are idiots" i state bluntly, meaning it. the kids in our grade are so ignorant, you'd think they'd be a little more mature being that their seniors.

"good point"

"hey wait are you calling me an idiot?" he adds making me smile. "everyone minus jack" i say as i watch a smile of satisfaction form on his lips. "that's what i thought" he says. "okayy" i tease sarcastically. "by the way, i saw you this morning."

"up in the bleachers, i mean" he adds to clarify. he saw me? i didn't think he would actually pay attention to the people who sit out on the bleachers in the mornings. "i'm there every thursday" i tell him. "for real?" he asked like he was surprised that i'd actually show up. "nia hayes sitting up there alone, she did it the first two weeks of school then she started dragging me and chris out there to keep her company while she goes on and on about how perfect tre is" i explain, mocking her for the last part of my sentence. "you looked like you were freezing your ass off" he laughs. "even with the blanket" he adds, moving his attention from me down to my back pack like he was looking for the blanket. "i was, it's in my car now though"

"next thursday i'll bring you my letterman, it's warm as hell. you might still want to bring the hoodie and blanket though, there's supposed to be a cold front next week." he smiles. i blink a few times trying to take in his first few words.

next thursday i'll bring you my letterman.

jack gilinsky is going to bring me, of all people, his letterman. his letterman. i've always wondered what it was like wearing someone's or a letterman. i've never really been into playing sports, more so watching them. i don't do band or cheer...not even theatre so there's no way i could earn one now. sometimes i wish i did something to earn one when i see people wearing them around the halls.

"yeah right, you'd probably need it for practice if it's getting colder than this morning" i laugh trying to play it cool, when in reality i'm completely losing it inside. i get to wear his letterman. "no trust me, you get warm enough from all the running we do and i wouldn't mind missing out on wearing it if you're going to." he says with a sly shrug causing my face to heat up. please don't let my face turn red. "well, i'll take you up on your offer." i smile, immediately feeling butterflies form in my stomach from just thinking about it. "you could actually wear it tomorrow at the game if you want to..." he suggests, making brief eye contact with me. i felt like i could melt. it's just a letterman, but it's his letterman. "you sure?" i ask wearily, low key hoping he was being serious.

"yeah of course, i'll bring it to you tomorrow" he says causing me to smile. "anyways, you're still going to the party right?" he asks me earning a quick nod from me. "yes" i answer. "if your want i could also give you a ride there?" he asks me. i give him another nod and another yes while he smiles at me. "we'll have to stop at my house so i can change though."

"is it cool if i get ready at your house too?" i ask him. "yeah, it's no problem"

what's up🤪🤪

i hope you liked this chapter!

keep up the votes and comments!

damn lol we're already almost at 1K reads in just a few days. luv u guys!

❤️