33

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

| friday december 24 2:32 PM |

"where do i need to put them?" i ask jack about his presents in my hand when i walk in his house. he looks at me and smiles. "i put yours under the smaller tree upstairs, you could put them there and we can open them later?" he suggests causing me to nod and go put them up stairs. "hey will you grab us a blanket?" he calls out, you could tell he was in the kitchen from how his voice had a small echo. "yeah, is yours fine?" i cal back, not knowing where they keep their blankets. the only one i knew about was his comforter on his bed. "yeah that's okay."

i walk in his room and grab his comforter before turning around and seeing my painting of the sunset hung up on his wall. it was right next to the rick and morty poster i picked out the first time we ever hung out. it felt good to see it up there. i didn't even have to ask him to do it...i don't think i'd be able to ask him to, i'd be to shy or back down from it. it just means a lot to me. it makes me feel like he really cares.

i smile at it, starting to become warm. it was cute how he had it up on the wall. i hadn't even thought about hanging up his yet, it's sitting up on my desk facing my bed. i should really do that when i get home.

i smile again and start to walk out of his room and down the stairs, towards the living room. "home alone?" he asks me as he looks through the various christmas movies shown on the tv. "yes, i love that movie." i smile. he had asked me to come over and watch christmas movies with him so he wasn't alone on christmas eve while his parents were out doing last minute christmas shopping for him and his sisters, who were coming down tomorrow. you could tell he was excited to see them from how his voice was when he'd talk about them, it was adorable. i'm glad jack isn't one of those guys who just seem uninterested in everything and don't show how they're actually feeling. he shows what he's feeling and doesn't seem to me embarrassed by it and i love that about him.

"me too, i used to watch it all the time when i was a kid, christmas or not."jack tells me making me smile some at how much he liked it. "mine was always a christmas story" i add in. "i loved that one too, let's watch it next" he suggests. "if we have time, i have to go
home before 6.we're having like this christmas bonding night with adam..."i say, hoping i got the words right. that's basically how my mom had described it to me yesterday. she said we'd all get to know each other for the night then he might stay over so we can all open gifts together the next day. i can't lie, it did feel like they were moving a little too fast but maybe it's because i've only known him for about two weeks compared to how long she has.

"oh shit, i forgot about that... how do you feel about it?" he asks, walking over to the couch and taking a seat. he pats the empty space next to him. i smile and walk over to him with his blanket, taking a seat and throwing it over both of us as i do it. "i don't really know yet. i'm not really nervous i'm more.. i don't know how to describe it. i guess i'm just not ready for it yet." i shrug causing him to nod. "it will be fine, adam seems like a good guy" jack tells me making me feel more at ease about it than i was before. "maybe it will go by quickly... with nothing going wrong." i shrug. "i'm sure it will" he tells me, throwing his around over my shoulder and pulling me into him. he was warm and had his normal scent, cologne and peppermint. the peppermint went perfectly with the holiday.

through out the whole movie we laughed and had small conversation about what was going on. "want to do presents?" i ask him, looking at the time, it was just about to be four. "what about your movie?" he asks me with furrowed eyebrows. "i'll have to leave soon, maybe you can come over tomorrow and we can watch it." i suggest making him smile. "okay, i'll see if i can." he tells me, standing up and holding out his hand to help me up. i grab his hand and he pulls me up making us laugh some. "you're going to love your present." i smile, starting to become excited about seeing him open it.

"beat you up there..." jack says quickly before taking off for the stairs as fast as he could. "hey!" i call out laughing as i start to run, barely behind him. "you're slow" he teases with a smile when he gets to the top. i was out of breath and stopped halfway, running was not for me. especially when it's up the stairs or any type of incline.

"you were right" i breathe with a big smile making him laugh. i loved his laugh. it was the perfect laugh, it suited him. it's almost like it was contagious, you hear it and you can't help but to smile or laugh along with him. "okay but i cheated" he admits. "i promise you still would have won." i defend him. he walks over to me and picks me up causing a smile to form on my face. "you know if i tripped we'd both be fucked." he laughs making me shake my head at him. "let's hope you don't in the four steps you need to take." i point out earning a small shrug from him as he places me down in front of the tree.

"okay you first." he smiles, handing me a box wrapped in silver wrapping paper. "it's the closest i could get to grey and don't judge the wrapping. it may not look like it, but i really tried." he warns making me smile at his attempt. it was adorable. "it's cute" i smile up at him. "now hurry up and open it." he rushes me. "okay, okay"

i start to tear the silver wrapping paper off of the square shape that held my present in it. "it's not just a box i promise." he says quickly when i see a long looking moving box. i nod and start to open up box, revealing a bunch of art stuff.

there was paint brushes, paint, canvases, sketch pencils, erasers and so much more. "do you like it?" he asks nervously as i county's to happily observe everything else in the box. "i love it, i really do." i smile up at him. it was one of the best presents he could have gotten me. i love art stuff. i wouldn't have even cared if someone else just got me the same thing, art supplies is my absolute favorite gift.

"really?" he asks with a wide smile. "yes. thank you." i say leaning over to kiss his cheek. his smile was still being held when i pull away from his cheek causing a warm one to form on mine. he was really happy, it was the cutest. "now open yours" i insist, hanging him his present.

he starts to open up the present and starts to smile immediately. "bro, no way. i've been dying to get some new ones." he groans as he hold up the few pairs of sweat pants i had bought him. "you were complaining last month and when i saw them in the store i had to get them for you." i explain. "dude this is perfect. hands down the best gift ever." he says seriously making me smile. "i'm glad you like it."

"i love it" he tells me, leaning in and kissing my lips instead of the cheek like i had some to him. his kiss was passionate. he kissed me like he's been dying too for weeks, i kissed him back with just as much passion making him smile into it. i really could do this all day.

we're almost at 20k

tysm for all of your votes and comments!

keep it up please!

❤️