63

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

cindys pov-vote and comment-

| friday april 28 6:56 PM |

"how are you beating me?" jack laughs at me, quickly looking over at my score to see i was at least ten points ahead of him. i shoot the basketball again, and make it like i had the past few shots. "i've always been decent at it but adam and jake love playing basketball, so i've gotten better." i explain, shooting the ball again. i miss this time and he laughs. "i've gotten better" he mocks, using his impression of my voice to tease me on how i had just missed. i look over at him and see his score was fifty six while mine was seventy three. "aren't you losing?" i press, holding the ball on my hip as i look at him with a smirk. his smile falls from his previous joke and he shakes his head. the buzzer goes off signaling the game was over and i shrug. "who won?" i ask.

"you" he answers lowly, looking anywhere but at me. "wait, what was that? i don't think i heard you..please tell me again" i sing cockily making him laugh and place his hands on my waist to pull me closer to him. "you did" he smiles with a laugh before looking away from the right side and making eye contact with me. i get on my tip toes and peck his lips once, trying to keep the pda to a minimum because there were kids everywhere around us. "that's what i thought" i smirk. "fine, i have a game." he tells me, grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

we make our way through the kids and some teens before coming across an air hockey table. i've always been bad at this game. i remember my dad always beat me. no matter how hard i tried i could never win. it's embarrassing.

"i'm not good at this though" i laugh, holding the air hockey pusher in my hand. jack sighs and shrugs, putting a token in the slot. "you can't be that bad." he raises his eyebrows with a smile. "if anyone is bad at it it's my sister molly" he tells me, trying to talk over the loud commotion coming from all around the arcade we were at for our date. he planned the whole thing as a surprise for me but nia and sam spoiled it by slipping it out at lunch today with out knowing his plan to keep it a secret.

"i'll let you hit it first" he says, sliding the puck over to my side slowly. i hit it softly and he laughs. "you've got to hit it harder than that" jack laughs at me, hitting it back over to me. it was moving fast. too fast for me to be comfortable with hitting it back so i pull my hand away and face palm as i watch it go in, giving him one point. "what the hell was that?" he asks making me laugh some. "i was scared it was going to hit my fingers" i answer honestly. he shakes his head and chuckles at me. "i'll try to hit it softer." he compromises as i take the puck out and place it on the table. i hit it to him and he hits it back but so softly it moves too slowly across the table.

"okay smart ass" i groan, leaning forward to hit it back to him. he laughs at me since i was clearly struggling to reach it. he lets out a sigh and walks over next to hit and hits it a little closer to me. i stand back up and let out a deep breath, feeling worn out. it took a lot from me to do that. i lazily hit it, but hard enough for it to make it all the way to him.

he hits it back making me shake my head. i actually thought it might go in. "you know what, maybe you're worse than molly"he laughs. i let out a gasp, wishing he didn't say that. i know i'm bad but i can't be worse than molly, despite the fact that i've never seen her play before... i still can't. "actually... maybe a smidge bit better, you almost made it." he changes his mind making relief flow through out me. "thank you"

_____

"so where are you headed first?" jack asks me as we were talking about how excited we were about finally graduating and everything after the ceremony. i take a moment to think about the plan and how i've changed it several times. "well, so far, i think i'm going to spend at least two weeks in killarney." i smile making him raise his eyebrows. "what about spain? you know.. barcelona, donostia-san senbastian... maybe even some toledo...?" he questions me. "i heard spain was perfect so after killarney i was going to spend a few more weeks there... maybe a month or two and then nia is coming down to visit me during her winter break from college." i explain making him give me a weary look.

"a month or two?" he asks, raising his eyebrows. he sounded like he was taken back a bit by it, almost like he didn't like the idea. "yeah... that's the thing. i actually have a question for you." i tell him. "okay shoot.." he tells me, staring at me as he waits for me to ask him the question. "i've been thinking... you should come to spain with me. you've never been out of nebraska so i think it'd be a cool first hand experience for you." i smile excitedly as i ramble on about my idea i've had for so long. he stays quiet and lets out a small laugh. "spain? i don't know... i dont even have a passport.." he says slowly. "that's easy, we could get you one before i leave for killarney so you'll have it all ready. maybe you could even go to killarney with me..?" i suggest.

"baby, don't get me wrong...i love the idea, but i don't think spain is a good idea for me." he tells me, shaking his head. "what if it was for a few days... just to see me?" i ask. he stays quiet again making me start to feel bad about even asking. i didn't think it'd go this way...i thought he'd be down for it, it'd be perfect for him. i know he'd love it. he's always talking about how pretty it is anytime he brings it up. "i don't know.. what if i don't have the time to? johnson and i were going to start putting our music out there around august.." he explains. i let out a sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

i hate the idea of not being able to
see him but that's his passion, he's talked about it all year. i can't be that girlfriend that tries to guilt trip him into it, i'd feel way too bad.

"that's okay, we can facetime! there's skype and we can text all the time. that's not a problem." i smile at him. "i just feel bad for not being able to go..." he tells me. i wish he'd at least try before he says no as his definite answer. "jack it's fine" i smile again, placing my hand on his as they sit on the table we were sitting at. he looks down at our hands and smiles. it warmed my heart, his smile. it's like i can't get enough of it.

"what about our apartment?" he asks nervously. i furrow my eyebrows and look at him. "what do you mean?" i ask curiously. "well, since were getting an apartment together... what are we going to do when you're in spain and off traveling...?" he asks me. "i'll still help you pay, jack. it'd be our apartment... so are you saying you're officially down for it?" i smile widely as i ask. he nods and i smile again. "you're one hundred percent down.. like you're ready?" i ask and he nods again.

"we should start looking soon"

hiii:)

hope you enjoyed the chapter!

❤️