34

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| friday december 31 11:34 PM |

"where did cindy go?" i subtly stumble as i try to move around to look for where she went, i had just left to go get another drink...one that i most definitely didn't need but hey it's new year's eve, i should party. "she went to the bathroom, she'll be back in a second" nia tells me making me let out a sigh. what if she runs into another guy on her way to the bathroom just like she had the first time we bumped into each other or worse what if she runs into them and it's someone she likes. the thought was kind of irking, but i can't stop her. i feel an arm wrap around my waist and a head rest on my chest making me start to feel all warm. not the oh i was once cold and now i'm not type of warm more like a comforting and wholesome warm. i look down and see cindy making a smile form on my face.

"hey" she says looking up at me. she looked really good tonight. it'd be hard for anyone to take their eyes off of her. it's hard for me even on a day she wears sweats and no make up, i can't imagine anyone wanting to take their eyes off of her now. "i'm kissing you on the countdown." i inform her, ignoring the hey and getting straight to the point. "well won't everyone see?" she asks, she seemed nervous. "yeah but i don't care... i mean unless you do?" i ask, raising my eyebrows. i hope she doesn't care. i hope she just says yes and lets me kiss her in front of everyone so they know we're starting to become something, unless they've already gotten the idea. i hope they have. i want them to know.

"you're not going to be embarrassed or anything?" she winces making me chuckle some. "no, why would i be embarrassed?" i laugh along as i say it. how could i be embarrassed. "i don't know... it's just that you're you and i'm..well i'm me.." she trails off making me furrow my eyebrows. "i don't give a shit cindy. i like you for you and i want to kiss you on the count down, regardless of what anyone else besides you and me thinks of it." i admit making her cheeks heat up. it was actually kind of weird how much i'm starting to like her especially since we haven't even done anything really. i've never liked any girl as much as i like her right now and it's only been three months. it's just weird to think about how much i'm going to like her in the future. hell i might even start loving her soon at the rate this is going. i've never been in love with anyone before, i sure as hell wouldn't mind her being the first.

"really?" she asks with a smile. "really." i reassure her with a smile and a nod as i look down at her. "then let's do it.." she exclaims. she seemed excited about it. im probably more excited about it than her though, i'm sure anybody could see the excitement in my facial expression after she said we could. "can i do it right now? i can't wait..." i ask quickly making her nod just as fast as i asked.

i grab the sides of her face with both of my hands and lean down to kiss her, pulling her as close to me as i possibly could. she did her usual, heart throbbing thing and smiles into the kiss making me smile as well just before we pull apart. "that was daring" she laughs like she couldn't believe she had just done it.  "that was...spectacular" i cheer after i found the perfect word, throwing my hands up with a big smile on my face. she laughs and shakes her head at me. "tasted like beer though." she states teasingly making me sigh. "i'm drunk" i shrug. "i promise the next time you see me after tonight, it will not." i compromise causing her to laugh some.