45

cindys pov
-vote and comment-

| monday February 7 6:49 PM |

"adam and jake are on their way over... we have news for you two!!" my mom says, practically radiating more joy than she ever has. i look over at jack who was passed out next to me on the couch. today was his last day of detention, they have him helping the janitors by helping unload and pick up heavy things some of them can't. most of our janitorial staff is older people, i think it's good he's helping them. he's sweet with them and tells me about the stories some of them have told him through out the week. he seemed interested in all of them, it was cute how he told them.

"is it cool if jack stays? i'm sure he'll still be asleep anyways" i laugh, still looking down at him. he was adorable. he had his lips slightly parted and his features were soft. "you know i don't care. he's welcome anytime sweetie" she smiles at us. "do you mind helping me straighten up a bit before they get here though?" she asks causing me to stand up and help her do what she asked me to.

after about ten more minutes the door opens up revealing adam and jake. adam and my mom greet with a kiss and adam opens his arms up for me to embrace me in a hug. i hug him back and look over at jake. we hadn't exactly seen each other since the party. he's been at his moms mainly is what adam says. he smiles at me and opens his arms to give me a hug making me smile. at least it's not as awkward as i had imagined it would be.

"so what's the news?" i ask patiently, looking between adam and my mom. "why don't you and jake go sit down in the living room, we have to go get something from my car then we'll tell you guys." my mom suggests. we nod and do as they said by walking into the living room. his eyes immediately dart over to jack. "you're still with him?" he asks. he seemed a little upset about it. "yes" i nod. "after he treated you like shit that one night?" he asks, trying to see if he got it correct. "he's not like that jake. he's a good guy... if he was like that i wouldn't be with him right now. i promise" i tell him. his eyes go from me and over to jack. he looked like he was dead asleep, nothing would wake him up at this point. "he's sweet, compassionate, and he cares about me so much. that was actually our first ever fight and it's over now we're over it." i add with a smile. "fine, just let me know if he's any trouble. me and latrelle will deal with it." he explains. i smile and his eyes widen.

"actually speaking of latrelle, he was talking about you the other day.. well like a week ago" he laughs making me furrow my eyebrows. "why?" i ask curiously. he shrugs. "im like one hundred percent sure he's into you. he was asking about the next time he'd see you" he laughs making me chuckle some and look back over at jack. i didn't really care that he said latrelle was into me, i have no interest anyways. i'm just focused on jack.

my perfect, loving boyfriend.

"oh gosh" i laugh, not knowing what to say. "well let him know i still have a boyfriend and i guess we'll find out about the next time we see each other." i sigh making him chuckle. before he could reply adam and my mom walk back in the house and head for the living room. adams eyes wander over to jack making him laugh. "he's something else" he laughs, shaking his head as he takes a seat on the other end of the couch so he wouldn't disturb him. my mom takes a seat in the recliner and they both stare at us making me become nervous. i look down at the two small boxes in my moms hand then back up at them.

my mom stands up again and hands one box to me and the other to jake. "go on... open it up!!" she smiles excitedly as she takes a seat again. she reaches her hand over and places it on adams that sat on the arm of the couch. jake and i look over at each other then shrug before opening the tiny hand held box. i furrow my eyebrows at what's inside of it then pick it up.

it was a key with my name engraved in it. i look over at jake and see he had the same thing but with his name on his. "we're moving!" my mom smiles. i cough a little, not knowing what else to do. jake had told me they were talking about it but i didn't think it'd be this soon. from the look on his face, he didn't either. we were both in complete shock. "it's kind of my adams house, cindy i know you'll love it. it's gorgeous" she smiles. i fake a smile and look up at her. she was looking at adam in complete awe while he gave her the same look. as much as i hate to
admit it, they looked perfect together. dad would be happy for her. he'd just want her to be happy and it seems like she is. i can't be selfish and hate it. i can only love it, it's what he would have done and probably is now.

"i'm sure i will" i smile at them, i could feel my eyes watering slightly. this was our home. dad taught me so much here. all of our height measurements are on the bathroom door frame. "this is great" jake says. he seemed genuine about it. i know it must be just as hard moving in with us as it will be for us to move in with them, well mainly me. "the yard is big enough for you guys to play football, have a pool party... anything." adam suggests. we'd both be gone soon. i mean we are graduating this year, but this is probably their goal for right now... so i smile. "i can't wait" i exclaim. "i know you guys will
love it, we fell in love with it as soon as we walked in. it's absolutely perfect. well show you guys tomorrow after school then we start packing!!" my mom smiles.

_____

"it's just all so weird" i explain looking across my bed at jack. he nods and sighs. "well you aren't moving schools are you?" he asks, he sounded nervous about me leaving. "no... i'm staying" i laugh. "this kind of effects how much we see each other after school though.." he states, looking away. he was right. he lives at least twenty minutes away from me in the complete opposite way from the house we're fixing to move into. that means it would be around fourth minutes to drive to each other's houses. that's a lot of gas money if you think about it. usually we see each other everyday after school.

"maybe we could meet up somewhere else. we will survive" i stay optimistic making him smile. "i know, i just like seeing you everyday" he laughs, patting the spot next to
him. i move from the end of the bed and get under the covers next to him.

"well do you need any help packing?" he asks me, subtly looking around my room. i looks round with him and shrug. "it wouldn't hurt" i shrug causing him to stand up. "oh. like right now?" i ask him making him smile. "it wouldn't hurt" he copies. i sigh and stand up with him. "okay boss what do i do?" he asks. "why don't you start by taking the decorations off of my wall. i'll go get us boxes then i'll clean out my desks." i tell him, earning a nod. "sounds like a plan"

kinda short but it's an update lol

three updates today for u guys❤️

❤️