Chapter 9

Ok here we go lol! This chapter is not so important but big things are happening plus there is an unknown POV later in the chapter O_o. Feel free to leave guesses in the comments. If you have been paying attention while reading than it should be pretty good.

(:  Vote and Comment!  :)

****************************************************************************************

        The past two weeks had been utter torture. For that first week, I was barely allowed to come out of my room. My dad was on my case the whole time. If it was possible, he became even more protective of me than he previously was.

            Like my punishment stated, I wasn’t allowed to go to training  or ask anyone to train me. Super hearing has it’s negative effects. Whenever Jaxson or Grant was over at the house, I would ask them to tech me something new but in a matter of seconds, Dad would be in the room telling them to leave. The only thing that I could convince Dad to let me do was at least talk about the new techniques they were learning at training even though I couldn’t be taught them.

            Really I thought that was unfair. How can I prove to my dad that I can protect myself if I don’t know all the tricks to doing so? Answer: I can’t. But thankfully after that first week of being confined indoors, it was time for me to go back to sparing with the others.

            It took me a day to get back into the rhythm of everything but after that, it was like riding a bicycle. Samuel would usually be my partner which I didn’t mind. I was kind of mad at him when I first found out he had told my dad where I had gone but it wasn’t his fault and I wasn’t going to hold it against him. If it was possible, the situation made us a little closer. Maybe not a full friend but a step closer than he was before.

The first few nights after my confrontation with Dominic, he appeared in my dreams. I tried not to let that happen but you can only control what you dream about to a certain extent. However, as the weeks went on he appeared less and less until I could sleep without any reminder of him. Jaxson had told Dad that he was a hunter but kept his promise that he wouldn’t tell him that I was the one who saw Dominic in the forest.

It was finally the last day of my two weeks of grounding and I couldn’t be happier. I was outside play fighting with Jaxson as Grant laughed at our antics. Dad was in his office where he was having a meeting with Bram and some of the fighters about the hunters yet again. The worrying and meetings haven’t stopped but thankfully we haven’t heard anything from the hunters the whole two weeks I was grounded. I thought it was strange but Jaxson told me not to think anything of it. Easy for him to say.

“Hey kids,” my dad called to us from the back door. He was finishing up shaking hands and saying goodbye to the others at the meeting. I pushed Jaxson back from me and bolted to the house. I could hear Grant and him laughing as they ran after me. I quickly skidded to a halt behind Dad.