Chapter 52

I smiled because she had just said pretty much most of what Dimitri and I have been talking about since we found out that we would rule our world someday.

"Those are just a few of the things that we intend to do grandmother."

"Good, good. That's very good my dears."

"Thank you." Dimitri and I both said in unison.

"You're welcome children. Have the two of you thought about members of your councils?"

"Honestly, Dimitri had the idea of half of both of the councils being appointed by us. While the other half are voted on by all of our people. Not the moroi voting on the moroi and the dhampir voting on the dhampir. But everyone voting on everything."

"That is a very good idea Dimitri. It not only gives our people say in their own government, but also over who speaks for them."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Dimitri, I have asked you repeatedly to call me grandmother just like my Rose does. Especially when it is just us."

"Sorry, you are right grandmother."

"When does construction on the new court begin baba?"

"The paperwork for the purchase of one hundred miles in all direction. Which will surround the seventy-five miles of the main campus has already been signed two weeks ago. The clearing of that seventy-five miles, and the building of three roads in and another three roads out in the different directions started last week. With it being summer the ground won't be as hard as it will be in the winter time. So, they are trying to get as much of the ground work done as they can before it starts getting cold. We are hoping that the roads and the clearing will be finished before the month is out. Then we will have approximately four months before the ground gets so hard that nothing can be done with it. But, according to some of the contractors, if it starts getting close to the time for it to get cold. Before they finish, they intend to do it by sections. So that they can build on one section after it is too cold to do ground work on the rest of the location. So, even if they can't finish the entire seventy-five miles before time to move. Then they will at least have the palace and some of the homes, apartment, dormitory and business buildings built. But we are hoping to finish in time, we should finish in time since we have almost five years to get it done."

"The idea of doing it in sections is a very good idea, because when it gets cold in Russia. The ground is near impossible to penetrate because of it being frozen." Lyubov' moy commented. (my love)

"Yes, that was our thoughts exactly. We have discussed putting on extra shifts and weekends, if we need to, we can work around the clock. Even if we have to put up huge amounts of outside lighting for the 'night' shift."

"Doing that could definitely help us met our goal a lot sooner." Dimitri nodded.

I happened to look up at my grandmother while Dimitri and baba were talking. And I saw her smile just before she winked at me, I in turn nodded, winked and smiled back at her.

This is how all of our lunches ended. My father and my fiancé talking about the construction of the new court. While my grandmother and I sat back ate and listened to the two of them talk. As we passed looks and smiles back and forth between the two of us. We could tell that the both of them were excited about what we were doing, and it was really good to see that.

Soon it became time for the junior guardians to graduate as full guardians. I was so proud of Eddie, Mason and Vika that I was practically bouncing as I sat there in my chair waiting for their names to be called.

Every time that one of them was called to come get their graduate certificates, their promise marks and their official charge notification announcement. Which was me. Except for Vika, since she had been assigned as an instructor at St. Basil's Academy in Russia.