Chapter 43

"Don't ask stupid questions numb skull. Of course, I am ok with it. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know Rose. This is all just so new to the both of us. Well, not new exactly, but the possibility of letting our relationship become public knowledge is new to us. She is afraid of how people will react, how they will treat me. Just as I am afraid of how they could treat her because she is in a relationship with a lowly guardian."

"Hey!!! You are no lowly anything, no dhampir is. You are my brother and you and all other dhampir are just as important as the moroi are. Do you understand that?"

He smiled. "Yea. Thanks."

"Good, and you are welcome. Now, back to our original discussion. Eddie, would you mind if I asked you a very serious question."

"No, of course not Rose, you are my little sister and I love you. And you are also my charge, so go ahead."

"Thank you. Do you love her, I mean really and truly love her? Would you give your life for her? If she and I were both in danger, would you want to run to her first?"

"Yes, I do really and truly love her. Yes, I would die every hour of the day for her. I know that I am supposed to protect you first..."

I waved my hand at him, "forget that shit, just tell me what you would want to do."

"I am so sorry Rose, but yes I would want to go to her first."

"Good."

He looked at me confused, "huh?"

"Eddie, if you love her enough to put her first, then please don't you ever let go of her. Don't let her get away. Bring her into our circle, our family, as the love of your life that makes her my sister. And I would never want you to pick me over your own soul mate. That just isn't who I am, you know that, I'm not Lissa."

"You're right, I do know that. And I am sooo glad that you feel that way. Now, I just have to convince her of it."

"When we get to court, tell her to come spend some time with me while you guys are doing the intensives. I will talk to her and let her know that I am thrilled that you guys are together. And if she's alright with it and wants or needs a job, then she can be one of my assistant, that will keep us all together. And let her travel around with us. Plus, I really do need some assistants, because I can't keep getting baba to do everything for me."

"Thanks Rose, I really appreciate all of that, it means more to me than I can tell you."

"Think nothing of it, you and Mase are my big brothers, and I will always do anything that I can for the both of you."

He hugged me, "I know Rose, thanks again."

"You're welcome. Is there anything else that you need or want to talk about?"

"Yeah, can you tell me about our living arrangements at court."

"Before or after I'm crowned queen?"

"Before, for right now."

"Well, while we are there for the intensives. Dimitri and I will be living in the palace, with my grandmother. We are going to request at least five rooms near us for as many of my guardians that would like to live there. For the others I imagine either guardian dorms, or you could even pick out your own apartments if you want to."

"If I stayed in the palace near you, would it be possible for Mia to stay with me, after we become public of course?"

"If that is what you both want, then sure. Do you two have plans to get married?"