Chapter 44

"Like I said, you are a big softie. What else?"

"Eddie asked about living arrangements during the intensives. I told him that you and I were going to have a suite in the palace during the intensives. And as many of my guardians as would like will have rooms near us. As for the ones that don't want to stay in the palace, they could stay in the guardian dorms, or anywhere else they wanted to."

"What did he say?"

"He wanted to know if he stayed with us in the palace if it would be alright for Mia to move in with him. I told him that was completely between the two of them but that I didn't care as long as they were both happy."

"Are you sure that I'm the one that's made you soft and not our children?"

"I would say it's at least a fifty-fifty split."

"I love you milaya moya." (my dearest)

"I love you too milaya moy." (my dear)

Three days later we arrived at court, we had two days to rest up before the intensives started. And I knew that all of them would need all the rest that they could get. So, I gave them all the rest of the day and the next two days off to rest up before they got started with the intensives. Mitya and I lounged around our new suite. Having food delivered whenever we got hungry. And telling each other more about our lives while we were separated.

The day before the intensives were due to start Mitya, Baba, Pavel, Sergei and I were walking across court headed to dinner. Dimitri and I arm in arm my father at my side and Pavel and Sergei right behind us. When all of the sudden my mother appeared out of nowhere and stormed up to us.

"Rosemarie what are you doing?!! Are you crazy..." She tried to pull me away from Dimitri and my father. "... get away from them, you are just asking for trouble."

She kept pulling on me until I stepped on a loose gravel and lost my balance, almost falling in the process. Then everything happened so fast and all at once.

Dimitri caught me just before I hit the ground and he screamed at my mother to leave me the fuck alone. While Pavel and Sergei pulled her away from me and held her far enough away to where she couldn't touch me again. But she was fighting them still trying to get to me.

"Let me go, I have to get her hidden!!! I have to get her away from the two of them!!! She's not safe with them!!!" On and on it went as my fiancé and father checked on me.

"Milaya moya, baby are you ok? Did she hurt you? How are the babies?" (my dearest)

"Kizim, are you all right? Is there anything that I can do? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"Thank you for catching me Mitya, I hate to think about what would have happened to our babies if I had fallen. No, she didn't hurt me, and I think that they are fine but I'm not sure. Baba, as I said I think we are ok and as of right now, I don't know of anything that you can do. And I don't know if I need to go to the hospital or not. Mitya, do you think that I should go to the hospital? I don't want anything to happen to our babies."

The three of us had blocked my mother out completely. Dimitri and my father had even gone so far as to move to stand in front of me to block Janine and I from being able to see each other at all.

"Honestly, Roza, I don't want to take any chances with the health and wellbeing of you or our children. So, maybe we should go to the hospital just to be on the safe side."

"I agree with Dimitri, kiz you can never be too careful."

"Yes, all right then let's go."

Dimitri swept me up in his arms, "do you really think this is necessary Mitya?" I was getting more concerned by the second.