Chapter 24

I laughed again because they had both received two of the three worst novices of the entire class. It serves them both right and I could tell by the smug smirk on Abe's face. That both he and Tatiana had a hand in this, and I had to admit that it was truly magnificent.

After thinking about it for a moment I realized that neither Jesse nor Ralph received guardians at all. This was another thing that I was sure that Abe and Tatiana had a hand in. Abe had said that he was going to deal with them I figured that this was either just the beginning or the end for the both of them.

From my peripheral vision through the one-way window in the door I could see both Lissa and Christian complaining to a fuming Tasha Ozera. Who was extremely furious by the time the two of them finished their tirade.

I showed Roza and she thought it was funny as well.

"For our final allocutions of the day, junior guardians Mason Ashford and Eddie Castile. Who are by far the best of the graduating class and each graduating with a final score of ninety-eight. Are hereby and forever assigned to guard Princess Rosemarie Mayassa Ariel Mazur Ivashkov."

Everyone went crazy wanting to know who Alberta was talking about. While Roza and I walked out of the room arm in arm smiling like a couple of complete morons. We were surrounded by her other three guardians as well as Vika, Abe, Pavel and Sergei.

It was quite hilarious to see the faces of the people who had mistreated my Roza over the years. They all looked shocked, worried, scared, pensive and even a little green at finding out who Roza actually is. I knew that they were afraid of what she might do to get back at them for their words and deeds from the past. And they had every right to be petrified.

The people who cared for and about my Roza, those that had helped and supported her all these years smiled were applauding happily. Celeste's smile was so big, that I was afraid she was going to break her face. As we walked by her, she winked at my love, just as Yuri and Emil gave her glowing smiles.

They may not have known who she truly was, but that had not kept them for caring about her. Helping to raise and do right by her, just like Alberta had done. Celeste was like an aunt or older sister to my Roza, just like Yuri and Emil were like uncles or older brothers. All three of those people loved my Roza.

As we walked towards the stage Tatiana took Alberta's place at the podium. After people figured out who Alberta was talking about, there was a roar of murmuring throughout the building.

"Princess Rosemarie is my long lost granddaughter and the reigning princess of the Ivashkov family. She is escorted to the dais by her guardians, the head of her royal guardians is Guardian Dimitri Belikov. Next, is Guardian Mikhail Tanner, Guardian Spiridon Bossier, and finally Guardian Melissa Anderson. She is also accompanied by her father, my son, Ibrahim 'Abe' Mazur Ivashkov, and his head guardian and half-brother Guardian Pavel Romanov, Abe's second in charge Guardian Sergei Kharkov as well as junior guardian Viktoria Belikova."

I don't know why Tatiana call Vika a junior guardian, but I went with it.

"Today I make the announcement that I have waited years to make. In five years' time, I will retire and pass on my throne and crown to my only granddaughter, Rose. The new directives about the dhampir and moroi were all devised by Rose and Dimitri. So the dhampir have a great many things to be thankful to them for already. Also, all the ideas concerning the relationships between dhampir and moroi are also thanks to Rose and Dimitri."

Tatiana walked over and kissed Roza on both cheeks. Then she placed a tiara covered in jewels onto my Roza's head. Roza bowed her head to Tatiana as she curtsied, then walked over to Mason and Eddie. Who kneeled to her.