Chapter 49

"Because she was feeling nauseous, dizzy, light head and a few other things. When they ran some tests, they found out that she is pregnant, apparently the necklace was masking her symptoms."

"Huh, or I could possibly have been feeling her symptoms myself. Which would explain why my morning sickness was so much... heavier. As well as why it lasted so much longer than the doctor told me that it normally would."

"Yes, because of the bond that you have with her that could very well be possible."

"Well, Dimitri and I broke the bond that I had with Lissa and formed a bond between the two of us."

"Wow, really?"

"Yep. I decided that I didn't want her and her bullshit interfering with and interrupting my life anymore. I didn't want to take the chance that the darkness that I took from her would or even possibly could endanger my children, Dimitri or anyone else that I care about. I almost hurt Dimitri when I took her darkness to keep her from killing Jesse Zeklos. And I couldn't stand it if I did actually hurt him or someone else because of her darkness. Plus, God only knows what her leaking her darkness into me could have done to mine and Dimitri's babies and our future children. So, I decided that it just wasn't worth any of the risk. When it was just me... it wasn't really a big deal. But once we came back to the academy and I fell in love with Dimitri, things changed. And then when I got pregnant, I was willing to do whatever it took to protect our babies."

"Yes, I don't blame you there. I know that you would do anything to protect your current and future children, just as most real mothers would. Just as I would and will do for you baby girl. I am sorry that you almost hurt Dimitri Rose. I wish that I had known what was going on with you at the time and that I could have helped you with it somehow." She replied sadly.

"It's ok Alberta, I should have told you and Dimitri. But back then I was to afraid of possibly compromising her security. Because it is possible that someone could have over heard me telling you and that could have put her in danger. Which, at the time, as I said I was concerned about. But not now, now she has to look out for herself."

"I understand all of that Rose, I really do."

"Thank you so much Alberta, for everything. For always looking out for and over me, I wish that I had the words that your love and care for me deserves. But all I can say is thank you and that I love you, even though I know that that is inadequate."

"It's fine Rose I understand, you are definitely welcome and thank you."

"Well I better let you get back to work. I can't wait to see you next week Alberta."

"I can't wait to see you either Rose. You be careful and take care of those babies, I will see all of you next week. Bye, Mia."

"Bye, Guardian Petrova."

"See you then, Alberta." We hung up after that.

"Wow. Those are some seriously nasty, hateful and disgusting things that Tasha tried to do."

"She is a vile creature. She has been obsessed with and stalking Dimitri since he was much younger. For years he has tried to get her to understand that they were just friends, nothing more. He can't stand being around her, but for some reason she seems to think that he is in love with her."

"Well, that's bullshit, because there is no way in hell that he could be with you the way that he is. Or look at you the way that he does, if he were in love with her. The bitch is just delusional." She rolled her eyes.

I nodded in total and complete agreement with her words. "Yep, she sure is."

Now we were both laughing. We talked for a few more hours before I got sleepy and had to take a nap.