Chapter 42

"If I decide to give birth here at home, will you be able to get me something for the pain? Something that won't harm our children in any way?"

"Yes, both mama and I are recognized midwives. So, when the time comes, I will be able to give you something safe for the pain. You could even be in the hospital with mama and I attending you. Or here at home with a doctor being here just in case something happens that mama nor I can handle."

"Well, thank God for that. Then yes, I would like to try giving birth here at home. If you think that you will need a doctor here, then that's fine. I just don't want any type of pain medication or anything else that could do any type of harm to our children."

"I understand Roza. I will start preparing the bed and bedroom, that we use as a delivery room, and start gathering the needed supplies. While you are all at court."

"Thank you, mama."

"You are welcome my little Rose." Mama said as she patted my love on the cheek with a smile.

After my mother and Roza finished their discussion. I looked around and noticed that Mason and Vika had disappeared.

"Where are Mason and Vika?"

No one said a word, they wouldn't even meet my eyes.

I turned to my fiancée. "Roza, do you know where they are?"

She looked into my eyes beseechingly. "Please don't get upset."

I nodded. "I won't, I promise."

"Mason and Vika are probably on the back porch. They like each other Mitya."

"I know Roza, I just didn't know if anyone else knew it or not."

"Yes, we knew." Every adult in the room said.

"When we were at St. Vlad's for graduation. He asked me if I thought that you would be upset with him for being in a dhampir/dhampir relationship. I told him that you wouldn't care who he loved, that you just wanted him to be happy."

"Thank you, Mitya."

"You are most welcome my love. You should also talk to Eddie, I think he's in love with a moroi. But they are worried about being together."

"I will go talk to him now, thank you for letting me know this my darling." She said just before she kissed me soundly. Pulling away with a teasing smile and a wink just before things could get interesting.

That gorgeous woman is a tease and she always will be. But I wouldn't have her any other way, because she is mine, she is the love of my life and she always will be. There isn't a sliver of doubt anywhere in my heart, mind, body and soul about that.

(APOV) Alberta

The last few hours have been extremely hectic with phone calls from both head Guardian Hans Croft and Abe Mazur Ivashkov. I was just thankful that everything had turned out so well on both fronts. Now, I just need to talk to Stan Alto. It had been a long few days since Rose's call about Alto's family. And I had wanted to wait until I knew for sure what the outcome was before I spoke to Stan about it.

I decided to send him a text just in case he was busy.

"Guardian Alto, please come to my office as soon as you can. Thank you, Guardian Petrova."

After I sent the text I went back to filing reports just like I do almost all day every day. I must have got immersed in my work because the next thing I knew someone was knocking on my office door.

"Come in." I called out to whoever was on the other side of my door.

"Guardian Petrova, you wanted to see me?" Stan asked as he walked into my office.