Chapter 22

Stepan had already assured Vika a position as an instructor at St. Basil's if she did well in the intensives. So, she had nothing to worry about on that front.

Our jet landed at the new academy airstrip in the middle of the moroi night. Which gave us the perfect time of arrival to not be seen by anyone as we made our way to Alberta's office.

It being this time of the day didn't affect any of us. Because most of us had been on a human schedule for around two months. Now of course for a few days we would have to revert back to a nocturnal schedule.

Although Roza had spoken to Mason and Eddie every weekend via skype. And several texts passing between the three of them every day since they had received their phones. And God only knows how many emails they all sent back and forth and that's not even counting the phone calls. She still missed them.

They were supposed to be waiting in Alberta's office when we arrived. Roza had also been exchanging texts, emails and phone calls with Alberta. Keeping her up to date on the progress that she and the children were making.

Yuri and Emil met us at the airstrip and escorted us to Alberta's office. They did not kneel because they did not know they were supposed to yet. Which was exactly the way that we wanted it to remain, for now at least.

As soon as we were inside Alberta's office the boys gently and carefully tackled Roza into a hug.

"I missed you guys so much." She cried into their shoulders.

"We missed you too Rosie."

"Wow, look at you. You are finally starting to show." Mason said.

"I know I am fat." She laughed while rubbing her stomach with a happy and loving smile on her beautiful and quiet frankly glowing face and eyes.

"Nonsense, you are beautiful Rose and you are absolutely glowing. You look like you are alight with joy, happiness and love." Alberta bragged as she too hugged my Roza.

"Thanks Alberta, and I am all of those things. I have never in my life been happier." My Roza's smile was radiant.

"I know it, I can see it." Alberta smiled at my fiancée.

We all sat down and talked about what all had happened since we'd left. We found out that Tatiana had appointed a dhampir headmistress. Much to the dislike of the royals. It seemed like nothing ever made them happy. Unless what they wanted, and only what they wanted, was being done. We were told that the lady was nice unless she had cause not to be.

According to Alberta, the new headmistress didn't treat the royals as if they were any better than everyone else on campus. And they didn't like that either. I couldn't wait for them to find out that this is just the beginning. That from now on, even away from St. Vladimir's, they weren't going to be treated better than any of our other people any longer.

Roza and I told Alberta, Mason and Eddie that Abe and Tatiana had reclaimed almost all of the money that Kirova had stolen. And that it had been given to the people that she had stolen it from. If the guardians were no longer with us then the money had been given to their nearest dhampir relative. If there were none then it was filtered back into St. Vlad's account for the present and future wards.

Abe had returned the money that Kirova used for the condo and its furnishings. As well as for the royal metallic blue jaguar F-PACE SUV, that had been found in the garage. He had given the condo, everything in it and the jaguar to Roza and I as an engagement present.

The boys and Alberta had a right good fit about not being there in person when I proposed to Roza. But said that they had enjoyed the videos of it that we had sent them. We had sent them the one that Abe made and also the one that my sister Sonja had made.