Chapter 28

"Did I say that I was going to do anything to you? No, I don't believe that I did. I just said that the way that you act towards and treat other people, could mean life or death for you someday. Now, if you took that as a direct threat to you from me then that is your own personal problem. If you knew anything about me at all you would know that I don't threaten people, I don't need to. I mean not without good cause or follow through of course. So take that as you please."

The laughter and cheers that filled that room were out of this world. I could tell that most of the people in this room appreciated what Roza had to say in their defense and on their behalf. And the stealthily way that she'd just threatened Tasha without being blatant or overly obvious about it. She really was sooo much like her father.

During lunch Roza got a text from Abe saying that he'd already had everyone's things taken to the jet. And that unless she needed him he was going to go ahead and go to his next meeting.

She told him that she was fine and to do whatever he needed to do. But to be sure to be careful and to let her hear from him at the very least every few days.

And that if he went four days without checking in with her that she would hunt him down and kick his ass for worrying her. I laughed when she pressed send and I figured that Abe did as well when he received the message.

But what I did not do was doubt her, I would never doubt her, I knew better. And I would never let anyone else doubt her either. That woman could do anything that she set her mind to and I, out of everyone else in the whole world, knew that.

With our things having already been taken to the jet, after lunch, we headed straight to the airstrip. Roza and I arm in arm fingers entwined surrounded by her other guardians with my little sister in tow.

When we arrived at the jet we turned around and found ourselves surrounded by almost everyone on campus.

I saw my fiancée smile.

"What are you about to do babe?"

"I am going to give one last little speech before we leave."

"Go for it, babe."

"Ladies and gentlemen, dhampir and moroi. The things that I mentioned before are just the beginning of what I have planned for us. During my time as queen I hope to improve our world exponentially. Hopefully by the time that I retire everyone, even the royals, will be glad that I was queen. I know that not all of the royals are the spiteful, hateful, useless, wastes of space that some of the others are." Her eyes cut to Lissa, Christian, Tasha, Jesse and Ralph.

And although Ralph wasn't a royal he acted like he thought that he was. By being hateful and cruel and by mistreating everyone that he considered as beneath him. He reminded me of Kirova actually.

"We are going to make the strigoi afraid of us again, just as it should have always been!!! We are going to take the fight to them!! We are going to take back the night!!"

The cheers from her last words were almost deafening and when they finally quietened back down she continued. "But as I said, hopefully years from now all of you will appreciate the things that I do as well as the reasons why I did them. Everyone please have a good vacation, and junior guardians we will see you all in a couple of weeks at the intensives. Make sure that you are all well rested. Because I can guarantee you that my fiancé will not go easy on anyone. I know this first hand because he sure as hell didn't go easy on me and he's in love with me."

"Yes, I am." I interrupted to reinforce her words, with a kiss to her neck. All of which made her smile and over half of those gathered laugh.

"As I was saying, Dimitri isn't the warm and fuzzy type of mentor. He will do everything that he can to make sure that you all learn what you need to know. Not only to protect your charges but also to help protect yourselves and your fellow guardians. He will do everything that he can to help you learn how to keep yourselves and those that you care about alive and safe. And to help you survive any and all encounters with the strigoi. He will give you all the tools that you need to do what you need to do. Just remember on the hardest of days, that he is doing it all to protect you and keep you safe. And if I can do it then so can all of you."