Chapter 17

"Mitya, I don't care who we get. Just as long as all of our guardians can protect you, our children and each other." She assured me.

"Children?"

"Yes, Roza is carrying my triplets." I said with a smirk.

"Dimka, you luck son of a bitch."

"Don't I know it." I smiled smugly.

"So, what do you want to do about the tournament?"

"Just go ahead with it at least we will get to see Vika fight."

"Ok. What was the other reason that you are here? If you don't mind my knowing?"

"Not at all. We are here to have a meeting with two men that we are hoping will become two more of Roza's guardians."

"Well, if there is anything that I can do to help you with anything while you are here. Just let me know."

"We will, and thanks for everything."

"No problems. Well, I better go work waits for no man. Especially paperwork." He laughed.

"Princess, it was very nice meeting you. Both as a princess and as Dimka's fiancée." He said as he kissed her hand.

"Thank you Stepan. We really appreciate everything that you have already done to help us."

"Of course, princess." With those last words he bowed and walked out the door.

"Mitya, why are the novices not being trained as well as you were?"

I sighed, "come sit down with me babe."

After we were sitting down again I continued. "The royals have taken all the best trained guardians to guard themselves. So, because of this the best are no longer being allowed to teach the next generation. Instead, they have to guard the royals. That is also why guardian numbers in general are on the decline. The novices are not being trained as well as I was because of the lack of good instructors. So, when they graduate since they are not as good they don't last as long in the field."

"Do the royals not realize that this is why the guardian numbers are falling?"

"They don't care about the long run my love. All they care about is themselves and the here and now. You have been around them almost all of your life baby, you know what they are really like."

"They don't even care about their children and grandchildren's future it would seem." She said sadly while again rubbing her stomach. "What can be done now to help in the future?" She asked me.

"Well, you know how I said that I was going to further Mason and Eddie's training after graduation?"

"Yes."

"It would also help more graduates stay alive and improve their abilities. If they were also given an intensive training program after they graduate."

"Please explain more."

"Alright. You know how I trained you?"

"Yes."

"It only took you a few months to get up to my level even after your extended absence. If myself and or others like me who were trained like I was or like I trained you. Could hold classes with the newly graduated novices for a few months, and get them even close to your level. It could help save a lot of lives, both dhampir and moroi."

"How could we go about getting that done?"

"The only one who could get it done with this year's graduates would be your grandmother. With her being queen, she could make it a royal mandate that this has to be done. Before the new graduates are allowed to report to their allocutions."

What do you wish for? (complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें