Chapter 38

"Are we telling them about Rose compelling a strigoi?" Mason asked.

"Yes, at this time we are telling them everything. As I told Mishka and Donnie, I have already told Croft about it in my verbal report. At some time in the future we may have to sanitize our reports to protect Roza and or the babies. But as of right now we tell them everything."

"Ok."

For the next hour there was almost silence throughout the suite as everyone except Roza filled out their incident reports. While we did that Roza watched television, rubbed her hand over our sleeping children and paced.

Finally I'd had enough of the pacing, I knew that something was bothering her I just needed to find out what it was.

"Roza, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Roza."

She sighed. "You guys are all doing something, but I'm just..." she started flinging her arms around in circles. "... not. How do the royals do this all the damn time?!! How can they stand to be so bored all the damn time? Don't they feel the need to help?"

Mishka, Donnie, Melissa and I all laughed.

"Don't laugh, I'm being serious." She pouted.

I stood up walked over to her and took her into my arms.

"Babe, I know that you're serious, we all do. And I'm sorry that we laughed we shouldn't have done that. But you know just as well as we do that most of the royals don't care about anyone or anything but themselves. If it takes them away from their own vain, self-serving, selfish pursuits then they want to have nothing whatsoever to do with it."

"But how can they stand to have someone do everything for them?"

"Because my love, as you also already know they are vain, self-serving, self-centered, selfish, hateful, cruel, malicious and self-important. They think that nothing in the world is more important than they are and what they want."

"I don't want to be like that Mitya." 

I could see the fear in her eyes, she was actually afraid that she would become like the other royals.

"You won't be milaya, I promise. Our children, our family, our friends and I won't ever let you become like them babe and that is a promise from me to you."

She nodded. "So what can I do to help?"

"Why don't you go take a nice long warm bubble bath and try to relax my love? Light some candles, pour some of your lavender and jasmine bath salts and bubble bath into the water. You know that those two combined, always helps you to relax better and for a longer amount of time."

I knew that she'd just taken a shower, but I was hoping that a nice long warm bubble bath would relax and calm her.

She went to interrupt but I placed a finger over her lips to stop her.

"Please?"

"Fine." She grumbled, as she walked out of the room shoulders slumped and head bowed in defeat.

That wasn't a look that I liked seeing on my Roza, I did not like it at all. She'd trained all of her life to defend and protect. And now she was pretty much sidelined, and she was miserable about it.

"She's really going to hate this whole being a royal thing." Mishka said.

"I know, but until things change there is nothing that she can do in times like this. If the moroi were also to have to fill out paperwork after an attack, then she'd have something to do. But as it is... once the children are here maybe they will be able to take her mind off of it."