Chapter 29

(RPOV)

Once we took off I realized how tired I was. I was not able to conceal the yawn that escaped my mouth. And of course, my ever so attentive fiancé, noticed it.

"Are you tired babe?"

"Yeah a little bit. But I don't understand why, I haven't been up for that long and I haven't even really done anything."

"Milaya moya, you are carrying and nurturing our three babies. Going by my mama's pregnancy with Vika, and Karo's with Paul and Zoya, just one baby tires you out. I can't imagine how much more tired two more will make you." He lifted the arm rest between our seats. "Here, lay your head in my lap and take a nap baby." (my dearest)

I whispered, "do you remember what happened the last time that my head was in your lap baby?"

When I saw the desire flash in his eyes I giggled.

"Don't tempt me, my love. Remember, there are bedrooms on this plane." He growled sexily at me. He leaned down and kissed me, "rest well my love."

I nodded and in seconds I was sound asleep.

(LPOV)

Christian helped me into the infirmary and then started yelling for help.

"Help!!! I need some help here!!!"

A nurse ran up to him as he continued to hold me up, I was getting weaker and sicker by the minute.

"Bring her this way. What happened, what's wrong with her?"

"I'm not really sure. My aunt sent her a necklace for CHRISTmas this past CHRISTmas. She took it off a few minutes ago and started feeling sick."

"Alright princess, can you get up on the bed alone or do you need help?"

"I can do it." I groaned as another wave of dizziness and nausea hit me. "Or maybe not."

After I was laying down the nurse said, "I am going to go get Dr. Oldenzki, I will be right back princess."

I started to nod my head but I stopped because I didn't want another wave of dizziness and nausea to hit me like a freight train.

"Ok, and thank you."

As she rushed out of the room I looked at Chris and he looked scared.

"Christian I will be fine, Dr. Oldenzki will figure out what's going on and fix me."

He held my hand to his cheek, "I hope so." Raising his eyes to mine he asked, "do you think that this has anything to do with that necklace?"

I wasn't sure so I said the only thing that I knew for sure. "It would make sense since it started right after I took it off. And as soon as I put it on I started to change. My actions, my words and my behavior all changed as soon as I put that necklace on. It is possible that it could have been charmed just like the one that Victor gave to Rose, but with a completely different type of charm. I mean I didn't attack anyone physically but I treated our friends deplorably. I acted as though they were all beneath me and you know that that is not how I think or how I really feel. I just don't know what else it could have been. What I don't understand is why, why would she do that?"

He shook his head sadly, "I don't know Lissa. I just can't understand her reasoning behind it all."

A few moments later Dr. Oldenzki walked in with what I assumed was my medical file in her hand.

"Can you explain to me what's going on princess?"

"A month or so before this past CHRISTmas, Christian's aunt, Tasha Ozera sent me a necklace for CHRISTmas. I put it on and that very day I started to change. I started acting as though all the dhampir and non-royal moroi were beneath me. Like just because I was born a royal that made me better than everyone else. Even my sister Rose... I was so cruel, hateful, malicious... I was just all around mean to her for no good reason." I was doing my best not to cry.