Chapter 32

"Spiridon?" She asked then flung herself into her son's open arms. "Oh Spiridon, my son, my baby boy your home." She cried into his chest.

"See, you are not the only baby boy of the bunch. I would be willing to bet that all the guys mama's call their son's that. Well Mishka's anyway." I sent that thought to Dimitri through our still forming bond.

"I imagine that you are right, my love." He answered as he kissed me on the top of my head.

After her tears were dried Donnie started the introductions.

"Mama, this is my charge Princess Rose Mazur Ivashkov. But don't kneel or bow because she is not comfortable with that. Rose, this is my mama Abigale."

I reached to shake her hand only she kissed mine.

"A princess, you are guarding a princess?" She asked Donnie.

"Yes, mama."

"It is so nice to meet you princess."

"And you as well, Ms. Bossier."

"Oh please, you must call me Abby."

"Thank you, Abby. But you must call me Rose."

"Of course, Rose. Thank you."

After Spiridon introduced the rest of the group to his mother. She asked, "so Spiridon, what is going on?"

"Well, we had a couple of weeks before we had to be anywhere. And Rose asked if anyone had anything that they wanted to do. So I told her that I hadn't seen you for three years. And here we are."

"Thank you Rose, thank you soo much. That was very nice of you."

"It was nothing, really. I've always wanted to come to New Orleans, so we just killed two birds with one stone." Everyone laughed.

We sat down and Spiridon started talking with his family. Then his mother asked, "so what are all of you young people up to?"

"Well, I would like to rest tonight and start our sight-seeing tomorrow." I answered.

"Well there is lots to do here." Abby said.

"Yea, Spry you should take them to the cemeteries for the ghost walks."

"NO!!!!" Everyone in my group except me and Dimitri shouted. Even though he didn't shout with the others, I felt him tense up considerably at the suggestion. All of the shouting startled Donnie's family.

"Guys calm down, they don't know. They were just telling us one of the touristy things to do around here."

After everyone was calm again Donnie explained what was going on to his family.

"I am sorry mom, Willow we didn't mean to startle you. The reason for our reaction is that Rose does see ghost. Whenever she is outside of the wards she sees them, and it's very painful for her most of the time."

"Oh my, Rose I am so sorry. If it's painful for you then you defiantly shouldn't go on the tour. Because they are very active most of the time."

"It's fine Abby, the reason it's painful is because the dead are trying to reclaim me."

She was confused I could tell. So, we all sat back and got comfortable that's when I explained most of it to her. Afterwards she was upset, worried and scared for me. I didn't tell them about the vision I'd had I didn't want to scare them even more, I thought they'd had enough.

The only reason that I had told them about being shadow kissed is because they are Donnie's family. And I felt that they had a right to know who he was protecting and part of what he was protecting me from.