Chapter 3

"You can call me Abe, dad or baba just whatever you feel most comfortable with." (daddy)

"Well, I don't know you well enough to call you dad yet. And it seems a little disrespectful to call you Abe, at least since you haven't yet given me cause to be disrespectful. So how about baba?" (daddy)

"That's perfect little girl, just perfect." I watched as Dimitri smiled.

"As I was saying, I don't know what Janine has told you, baba. But I have lived at the academy since  before I was even five years old." (daddy)

"Wait wait wait... are you telling me that she stole you away from me and then abandoned you somewhere else?!"

"Yep." I nodded even though I knew that he could not see me.

I could hear him breathing deep and erratic. "Yemin ederim, hepsi kutsal olsun, O kaltayı ben öldüreceğim!"

Again. I looked at Dimitri for a translation. He smiled and said, "it means, 'I swear, by all that is holy, I am going to kill that bitch!'"

"Ah, ok."

"Kizim, who is there with you?" (my daughter)

I looked at Dimitri silently asking if I should tell him, and he just nodded in answer to my silent inquiry.

"My boyfriend and for a little while longer mentor, Dimitri."

"Dimitri who kizim?" (my daughter)

"Belikov."

"Oh, thank God." 

I saw Dimitri chuckle, which made me curious. 

"Can I talk to Dimitri?"

"Sure, go ahead he can hear you."

"Dimitri?"

"Yes, sir."

"Tell me what is going on. I can hear in my little girl's voice that she is tired."

"Well it is a long story Mr. Mazur."

"Cut the Mr. Mazur crap Dimitri. You haven't needed to call me that in the last seventeen almost eighteen years."

"Sorry dad."

"DAD?!!!"

"Calm down mladenets, he isn't actually my father, don't get so worked up please." He said as he placed a hand on my stomach reminding me of our baby. I nodded and tried to calm down, I didn't want any harm coming to our baby after all. (babe)

"Kizim, are you alright?" He sounded concerned. (my daughter)

"I'm fine baba, that was just a bit of a shock. Before we start with the explanations let me say some stuff please." (daddy)

"Ok, go ahead."

"Janine left me here before I was even five years old. She signed over her parental rights to the academy, which means that lawfully she isn't my mother anymore. Which I am more than thankful for. Anyway, I have seen her a grand total of three times since she left. I have received one email and one telegram from her, both of which were unflattering to say the least. And those only arrived in the last few months, the times that I have seen her she didn't come to see me. She came with her charge Lord and Lady Szelsky to see their son. While she was here all she did was call me names, berate and belittle me. When she came with her charge around CHRISTmas, she punched me in the face. All of which is the reason behind why I call her Janine and not mom. She has never behaved as a mother, at least not to me. So because of her and her actions I have had no blood family since I came here."