Chapter 16

The two of us stood on the porch looking through the window watching Roza play with my niece and nephew for a little while. Before I asked Abe, "would you do me a favor Abe?"

I don't know if Roza woke up or if the kids woke her up. But whichever way it went down the three of them were now sitting in the floor playing.

"Yes."

"While I am proposing to Roza. Would you mind recording it on your phone and sending it to the both of us? I know that Roza will want to send it to Alberta and the boys. And I want to save it so that we can show it to our children someday. So that they can see how it's supposed to be done. I want our sons to do it right when they do it, and I want our daughters to dream of being proposed to the way that I proposed to their mother."

"You are without a doubt the most romantic man that my kiz could have ever fallen in love with Dimitri."

"I hope so, because God knows she deserves the best that life has to offer of itself."

"Indeed she does and with you she has that."

"Thanks, it is easy to be romantic with and for her. She inspires me to do and be things that I never thought I possibly could be. She inspires me to reach heights that I had once thought impossible."

He patted me on the shoulder. "That my dear boy, is love."

After our discussion we went back inside. Everyone was gathered around the living room watching Roza and the children play together. Roza was playing 'go fish' with Paul and Zoya. Well, Zoya was just playing with the cards not actually playing the game.

"Roza, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure."

She got up from the floor with a little help from me. Just as I kneeled on the floor in front of her I heard my mother and sisters all gasp. And from my peripheral vision I saw Vika grab the video and still camera. She quickly handed the still camera to Karo as she video recorded us. I could also see Sonya smile while recording us with her phone.

"Roza, milaya moya, I have loved you for as long as I can remember. No woman has ever been able to turn my head because you were always there in my heart. Even after Janine stole you away from us away from me, you still held my heart. My love I want us to have everything together. A home, a family, a wonderful life, a miraculous love, everything that we could ever dream of. My greatest fear in life is waking up one day and you not being there. I have already had to live through that once I couldn't and wouldn't, survive it happening again. You are my whole world Roza and I will do anything and everything for you. Today, I kneel here before you in front of our family and ask, will you my Princess Rosemarie Mayassa Ariel Mazur-Ivashkov, marry me?"

Big fat tears rolled down her cheeks. As I opened the ring box and showed the ring to her.

"Dimitri Aleksander Ilia Belikov, I have also loved you for as long as I can remember. My memories may have been hidden from me or lost to age. But I was always waiting for you to find me. No one has ever held me as you have physically, mentally, or emotionally. There never has been and never will be anyone in my heart as only you are. You, are my everything, and I love you so much. Mitya, my heart has always been waiting for yours, it's true soul mate. I would give my life every second of every day in the most painful and horrific way just to make you happy. There is nothing in this world that would make me happier or prouder than being your wife. I would be so deeply deeply honored and humbled to be your wife. Just as I am humbled and honored to be the mother of your precious precious children. So yes, yes my love I will happily marry you."