Chapter 34

We all looked towards Rose and Dimitri's bed room then nodded.

"If they are developing a bond that will replace the one that she has with Lissa. Won't she be able to find out about hurting him from his own mind? I mean with this bond that they are forming, could she see his memories?" Vika asked.

Donnie and Mishka's eyes went wide, it seems that none of them had even thought about that.

"Shit she's right, we will need to talk to Dimitri about that." Mishka said.

"Just in case she ever develops the power to read any of our minds, like Oksana can, no one ever think about this again. And if you can't keep it from your minds, then when we get back to Russia, then you can get Oksana to compel that memory from you. For Rose's sake that is what I'm going to do." Donnie told us all and we all nodded. I agreed with Donnie I was going to get Oksana, whoever that is, to erase that memory as well.

We were all willing to do whatever it took to protect Rose. Not only because it was our job, but mostly because we all cared about her in different ways and in varying degrees. Protecting her, even from herself, was just a part of that.

Around 2:00 pm we all started cleaning our guns and stakes. Preparing ourselves mentally, physically and emotionally for what we knew was going to happen tonight.

Eddie, Vika and I, hadn't even been out of the academy for a whole week yet and we were neck deep in the shit already. Well, Vika had graduated two weeks ago. But still we were already neck deep in shit that we knew almost nothing about.

(VPOV) Vika

I can't believe that sweet little Roza had broken three of my big bear like brother's ribs. I understand that it wasn't her fault, and I hope that she never finds out about it. Because like Mishka and Donnie said, it will completely and utterly destroy her, if she ever does find out that she's hurt him. So yeah, I am going to ask Oksana to compel that memory away for all of our sakes, especially Roza's. God only knows what she might do if she thought that she could be a danger to Dimka or the children. And I didn't want to be the one responsible for causing her to ever find out about it.

(EPOV) Eddie

Wow. This was all news to me. I knew that as guardians, we were privileged to a lot more information than we were as novices. Even though we were just junior guardians, we had already learned a lot in just a very short amount of time.

I couldn't believe that Rose had been hiding her true self from all of us all this time. But I guess with everything that she has been having to deal with she'd had to hide herself from everyone. Well, everyone except for Dimitri apparently. Maybe this is how and why they fell in love to begin with. Because he knew the real true Rose Hath... Mazur Ivashkov.

I agreed with Donnie, I was also going to get whoever Oksana is to erase this memory from me as well. Rose is my little sister and I will always do whatever I have to in order to protect her. Even this.

(MPOV) Melissa

Now I see what the guys were telling me about. And I can tell that this is the first time that they have seen it in person too. I guess Dimitri had already told them about what could happen with Rose.

I can't let one of my memories destroy Rose, she has been to good to me. Giving me a job as an actual guardian again being a good true friend to me. Letting me vent to her about what had happened with Ezekiel 'Zek' Zeklos and so many other things. And I will always do anything and everything that I can to protect her in whatever way that I can. So it was glaringly obvious that this memory had to go.

(DPOV)

Laying here next to my fiancée, I worried about her having to deal, in any way with the darkness, especially during her pregnancy. It's bad enough for her to have to deal with it when she isn't pregnant. But I was worried that the darkness could negatively affect our children. And that thought scared the living hell out of me.