Chapter 23

"I hope that our children don't pick up your taste in movies milaya moya."

"Would you rather we watched 'Titanic' or 'The Notebook'?" I asked sarcastically because I knew that he didn't like those types of movies any more than I did.

I had watched 'Titanic' once right after it came out. But that was only because of the historical significance. At the time that it came out I was very interested in what really happened. And I really wanted to see if they showed much about the historical point of view. Or if it was all just that sappy crap.

"Not really, no. But if that is what you wanted to watch I would."

We all laughed as we went to our own rooms. But I knew that he was serious, he would do whatever it took to make me happy. He always had, even when we were young. It's just the type of person that he is and always has been.

"I know, but I also know that you would rather watch a western." He grinned a shit eating grin at me.

"Goodnight my beautiful fiancée."

"Goodnight my loving battle God."

He gently pulled my back against his chest. One arm under my head and folded around my upper chest holding onto my shoulder. With the other arm over my hip with his hand resting on my baby bump. Just like we fell asleep every night since I started showing.

Again Dimitri and I slept until lunch. And again lunch was ordered the same way as it had been the day before.

When it got time to get ready for graduation, Dimitri and the others put on their new formal uniforms. They were custom fitted for each guardian, the piping around the seams was the Ivashkov crimson red. As were the ropes, ribbons and epaulets around and over Dimitri's shoulders and down his right arm. Which indicated that he was the head of the team. On the epaulets there were four small rosettes in gold and fringe hanging from the end of the epaulets. The roses represented each of our children and myself.

Each member of the team had roses embroidered on their collars just like on their rings even with their initials. Dimitri's were a little different however. His uniforms had two sets of hearts around the stems of the roses, one pair was for us and one triple set for our children.

Their normal uniform pants were cargo pants with built in stake holders for four stakes. 'It is better to have to many, than to not have enough,' Dimitri and I had told them while they were all being measured for their uniforms. But there formal uniform pants were dress slacks also with the four built in stake holders.

The heads of their stakes matched their signet rings and their uniform shirt collars with crisscrossed long stem roses and their initials on them. The first letter of their first name's between the rose buds. The first letter of their last names between the stems. Dimitri's also had a ring of gold around the outer edge.

Around the underside of the stake heads I had their full names engraved. Just like I did on the underside of the heads of each of their rings, I'd had this done for the same reason that I had it done to their rings. Someone could attempt to copy the stakes and the rings but without that little bit of information it would do them no good.

My dress was a crimson red to match my guardian's uniforms. It was a knee length soft stretch jersey with a knot in the front between my breasts. It had an empire waist so that it would not only show my bump to perfection, but it would also look good with my current figure.

My father, uncle Pavel and Sergei arrived just as we were about to make our way to the auditorium so they joined us on our walk. We all managed to slip into the room that we would be waiting in until we were called on to join the boys on stage, without being seen. Thank God, for back doors.