Chapter 7

"So, Lissa's attitude is why you don't want to be a guardian anymore Rose?"

"That is one of the reasons, yes. I mean I know now, that I can't actually become a guardian, which is fine with me. But the way that she has treated me since the whole Victor fiasco has opened up my eyes to what she is really like. I have heard her thoughts, and read her feelings. And she really does blame me for what happened to her. I knew that she did since she didn't come to the infirmary. But she hasn't even offered to heal my leg. So, I dug a little deeper into her mind. And she thinks that I am supposed to do nothing but be by her side at all times. Even while she is with Christian, she thinks, that I am supposed to be right outside the door. She doesn't care that I need rest, or that I needed to finish my classes and training. To her, I have become nothing more than a disposable meat shield."

"I am so sorry Rose. I know that the two of you have been best friends since you came here. Do you think that the trauma of what she went through with Victor might be the reason for the change in her?"

"I don't know, and quite honestly, I just don't even care anymore. If she wants to blame it all on me. Even though I was not the one who kidnaped, tormented or tortured her then so be it. I will not risk something happening to my baby just because she wants to be a bitch."

"I understand, and I don't blame you. So..."

Alberta chuckled, "how does it feel finding out that you are a princess who will become queen someday soon?"

"Well, quite frankly, I am scared to death."

All of us laughed.

"I don't want to become like Lissa and those royals."

"You could never be like them Roza." I assured her with a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"Dimitri, if you are going to resign then you need to fill out the paperwork." Alberta said, as she handed me a small stack of paperwork.

With a chaste kiss Roza moved into another chair so I could fill out the exit and retirement paperwork. As I filled out the papers ending my employment at St. Vladimir's Academy, and others resigning as the guardian of, Princess Vasilissa Dragomir. Roza, Alberta, and Abe continued to talk.

"I am at the gate Allie." Abe said through the phone.

"All right, tell Sullivan to have someone meet you, and show you where my office is."

"Thank you, I will be there soon."

Just as I finished, and handed Alberta the paperwork, there was a knock on the door to her office.

"Come in."

Abe walks in accompanied by Pavel. Pavel has been with Abe for over twenty-five years, as his guardian. But he is also Abe's half-brother and Roza's uncle. Pavel is Abe's father's son, from an earlier relationship. A relationship that he'd had while at the academy in Romania.

Abe's father got custody of Pavel, because his mother died in childbirth. Thinking about that caused me to worry more about my Roza. But according to my babushka, Eliza, had always been a small frail woman. And my Roza is sooo strong, both physically and mentally. Not to mention her emotional strength, endurance and stamina.

I know Roza doesn't remember either Abe or Pavel. But now, she will get to know the both of them again.

"Abe, Pavel, this is my princess Roza. Roza, mladenets, this is your father Abe and your uncle Pavel." (babe)

They both walked over to Roza. Unshed tears, glistening in both of their eyes and threatening to fall.

(APOV) Abe