Chapter 13

"Who have you seen Roza?"

"Lissa's family, some guardians that I knew growing up and several others that I didn't know."

"Oh baby, you don't ever have to hide things like that from me. Other than the ghost's, and our children, what else has happened?"

"Children?!!" My mother exclaimed in joyous excitement.

Roza and I laughed, "yes, mama. I am about to become the father, of triplets."

"Oh Dimka, Roza. This is such wonderful news." She came over and hugged Roza and I, while she cried.

"My baby boy is becoming a father, and our little Roza, a mother. I always knew, that the two of you would make such a happy and beautiful family. And now, I get more grandchildren. That is sooo wonderful, thank you both so much."

"You are welcome mama. We are ecstatic, about being able to have a family, together."

We chatted about that for a while, before I turned back to Roza.

"Is there anything else, about your shadow kissed state, that you have been afraid to tell me?" She lowered her eyes from mine, so I knew, that there was definitely something else that she wasn't telling me. She has never been able to look me in the eyes, and lie to me. Not even when we were kids.

"I can sense when strigoi are near."

"How is that even possible?"

"I don't know, but when they are within five miles or so of me, I get extremely nauseous."

"When did this start?"

"I first noticed it, while we were on the run."

"Is it a different nausea, to that of your morning sickness?"

"Yes. It is sometimes, depending on the number of strigoi, accompanied with a little pain in my lower right side. The more strigoi there are, the more nauseous I am, and the more intense the pain is."

"Is that all?"

She started playing with the hem of her shirt, another indication that she was hiding something else. By now, I knew all of her tells. No one else, would notice them. But I noticed every little thing about her. So, of course, I would notice them.

"What else have you noticed?"

Chewing on her lower lip she raised her hand, and a fireball appeared in her palm.

"How long has the fire ability been going on?"

She grinned, took one of my hands and lay it over her stomach gently. Confused I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Shortly after I got pregnant."

"How did you notice it." A new voice asked.

Turning, I saw Oksana and Mark, standing in the doorway.

When Roza noticed, that there was someone new here, she tensed and crushed the fireball in her hand. "Who... who are they?" Roza quietly asked me.

"Roza, babe, this is Oksana and Mark." I could actually feel her relax then.

From her reaction, I knew that she didn't want anyone that didn't have to, to know about her powers. At least not yet, and certainly not most moroi.

"What do you need healed Roza?"

I showed Oksana, Roza's leg. A few minutes later, it was healed good as new, just like it never happened. Just as Lissa should have done, months ago.