Chapter 2

"I was scared, I'm still scared. And I didn't want you to worry about me."

Admitting that she was scared was a huge leap for my Roza, because she never, and I mean NEVER showed weakness of any kind to anyone. At least not to anyone except for me that is.

I pulled her into my lap. "Roza, as your soul mate and boyfriend it is not only my job, but also my complete honor and privilege to worry about you."

She didn't respond verbally, she just tried to smile. But it was a weak attempt at a smile which just indicated just how badly that she really felt and how worried she was.

Laying her head on my shoulder I told her, "now tell me what's going on."

"Every day for the last three weeks I have woken up terribly sick at my stomach. I throw up several times a day, I am dizzy, light headed, tired, I ache all over, and most days I have a horrendous headache."

"And this has all been going on for three weeks?"

"Yes."

As upset as I was that she had been hiding this from me I knew that she didn't need to hear it right now. So I forced myself to try and remain calm in appearance, I also knew that she really hadn't told me just to spare me from worrying about her. Silly woman, I will always worry about her. She means just that much to me.

"All right, I need to take you to the infirmary."

"No, I can't go there for being sick. You know how rumors circulate around this place, if people find out that I went there for being sick. Before I even walked out of the infirmary there would be rumors all over the academy that I'm pregnant."

"Then what do you want to do lyubov' moya? I need to get you seen about." (my love)

"Don't be angry, ok?" 

I nodded. 

"A week ago I broke into Kirova's office and stole my file. Not my disciplinary file, because let's face it, I seriously doubt that either one of us could carry that one."

We both laughed because as everyone knows, my woman is more than a hand full, just the way that I love her. And she was right about the size and weight of her disciplinary file. That thing took up an entire drawer and more than half of another one in Kirova's file cabinet. Of course hardly any of the altercations were started by her, but she always made for chert sure that she finished them, all of them. Well the darkness made sure that she finished them. (damn)

"But I did take my personal file. I tried looking through it to see if there was any known history of illness of any kind in my family. As best as I can tell there isn't but there are some notes in here that are not in English. Could you look at them and see if you can figure out what they say?"

"Of course, where is the file?" 

She pointed to her gym bag.

I leaned over and grabbed the file from her bag which she had been using for a pillow. While she dozed back off in my lap I read through the file for over an hour while she continued to sleep. And what I found in the medical section of her file scared the living der'mo out of me. (shit)

This was the part that she couldn't read because it was thankfully written in Russian Cyrillic and not a language that I didn't understand or couldn't read. And while I had taught her to speak Russian, I hadn't taught her to read or write it yet, and most certainly not Cyrillic. Although I fully intend to teach her all of that as well at some point and time in the future.

"Roza, mladenets wake up." I said gently against her ear. (babe)

"Did you find anything?" She asked in a voice that was still husky from sleep.