12

Chapter 12

The three boys finally left after many games of hangman, tic-tac-toe, and a couple video games on the Xbox.

Daisy sighed, "Luke it's literally ten in the morning."

Luke looked out the window to see the sun rising above the buildings, shrugging.

"Wait, what day is it?" She asked.

"Tuesday," Luke said throwing a soda can into the garbage.

"I don't have work tonight, oh my god." Daisy sighed in relief, flopping down on the couch with a delicate smile dancing on her lips.

"So we get to stay up a little bit longer?" Luke asked as he stood over her body that was sprawled out on the couch.

Daisy nodded, seconds later Luke pulled her up from the couch and pulled her to the bedroom, startling her.

Luke opened his small walk in closet, taking two new pair of shirts and sweatpants.

"Here," Luke tossed a black shirt to Daisy, "Ashton got powdered sugar on your shirt."

Daisy glanced down, and of course a smear of the sugary substance was on the bottom of her shirt.

"Turn around," Daisy commanded, watching Luke turn willingly around. She quickly slipped off her shirt and tugged on Luke's, it fitting like an extra-large on her.

"Okay," Daisy gave the signal for Luke to turn back around.

"Now you turn around," Luke smiled slipping off his shirt as Daisy was only starting to turn around.

Seconds later he was done and pulled Daisy around, surprising her again.

"Okay, you're are still staying over because, whatever," Luke said, not giving Daisy a chance to even protest.

She wasn't going to protest anyways.

Daisy jumped on the bed, her messy bun falling out of its place, "So, then what do you want to do?"

"Talk," Luke said, crawling on the bed to lay on his stomach.

"Okay," Daisy held out the 'a' "about what?"

"Tell me about yourself?" Luke asked, laying on his side to face her.

The room was dim, but bright enough to see Daisy's eyes as she copied Luke's position, facing him.

"There's a lot," Daisy spoke with a strange tone, pulling her hands into her chest.

"Your story for my story."

"Well then," Daisy began, "my moms name is Eleanor Lorraine, my dads name is Everett Wilson. I took my mom's surname because my parents were not together when she had me, but about a couple months later they got back together and got married."

"So your parents aren't divorced?" Luke popped his question before she continued.

"No, when I was seven they got divorced and my mom and I moved to this city with my older brother, Grayson, he was twelve at the time."

"Never knew you had a brother," Luke said, looking at Daisy's hands as she popped each finger, the bone against bone audible.

"Yeah, so about that, when he was eighteen he went to America for college and stuff, but then as he got there he suddenly changed his mind and went into the Marines. I don't know really, I wasn't really ever close to him, he just did his own thing and I did mine. Anyways he was there for a year, and I think he only sent like two letters, but after a year the police showed up at our door and informed us that he had passed away from an explosive, I think."

Luke sucked in a sharp breathe, but let Daisy continue.

"And then it sort of took off from there, when I was fourteen my mom was pulled into drugs and alcohol, so I went to live with my father, he got remarried, and the lady, Shannon, had two kids and then I just sort of lived a normal life with them. So, when I turned eighteen my dad got me that apartment and now I want to go to into the fashion industry."

"So, like designing and stuff?"

"Yeah, pretty much, like have my designs on runways and magazines."

"You're such a girl," Luke teased as he laughed.

"Shut up!" Daisy slapped his arm playfully, "I am a girl."

"Yeah," Luke rolled his eyes, "whatever. Now tell me about you, not your family, but about what you like."

Daisy shrugged, "I like cold weather, even though we live in Australia. I collect mix tapes I find in music stores and pawn shops. I played softball when I was younger but quit in middle school for some reason I don't remember. I like vanilla ice-cream and sometimes chocolate but it really just depends. I wish I had a better relationship with my mother when I was younger instead of only talking to her from time to time, and I guess I'm just me."

"Just you?" Luke had a small smile on his face.

Daisy nodded, "Just me, well then Luke, tell me about yourself."

an: woop woop okay I'm gonna do homework now fyi I got 200 reads wobsiabajabwjbwh what
my only question is why Daisy actually turned around when luKE WAS FREAKING CHANGING, HE WAS LITERALLY STRIPPING DOWN RIGHT BEHIND HER WTF MAN