01

Chapter 1

Daisy was getting ready for work tonight. She was tired so she didn't really care how she looked.

She checked her phone and realized she was running a little behind today. Putting on her socks and shoes she rushed out of the small apartment with her phone and wallet in her hands.

It was seven o'clock at night on a Friday, cars were still casually rolling by and she had briefly walked by a few strangers on her twenty minute walk to a small two story building.

She entered the building, greeting the lady, (whose name she still wasn't sure of) at the front desk and took the elevator to the second floor.

Daisy's job was to answer people who called the Suicide Hotlines of Sydney, Australia.

She didn't mind her job though, she liked to help people out, she felt good about herself when she hung up the phone knowing she has prevented someone from ending their life.

Well, she only liked it so far, she was still sort of new, only had been working there for about a month.

She had never really had a call where she actually knew the person on the other line had a plan to, end it, and soon.

Daisy thought that she would be able to handle her emotions, fairly well, if that ever did occur though. She's seen her co-workers and other volunteers completely break down and lose it when that happened. But she knows that there will be a tear shed if that ever does happen. And she's praying it doesn't.

Walking out of the elevator, she felt a gush of cool air, the second floor had the air conditioner on and she mentally thanked whoever turned it on.

Saying a brief, "hello," or "hi," to a few familiar faces, she finally sat down in her plush chair that spun around.

"Hey, Daisy," Anna - a 30 year old something woman who trained Daisy when she first started working here - said.

Daisy nodded politely, gesturing that she heard and acknowledged her greeting.

She put on her little head set which consisted of ear phones and a little microphone that was positioned in front of her mouth.

Thirty minutes of her playing with a ball made out of rubber bands and passing it back and forth with Anna, she got a call.

"Hello, this is Daisy and you have called the Suicide Hotlines of Sydney, Australia," Anna stopped passing the ball when Daisy picked up the phone, setting it on her table.

Daisy had many hours of training in physiology and was trained on how to talk with the callers over the phone. It was a serious job that took a lot of knowledge.

A slow and raspy voice came through the ear phones, "Hi, um, I'm Luke."

an: So this was short idk chapters will get longer I feel awkward bye