03

Chapter 3

Daisy finally stumbled through her apartment at 5:23 in the morning, black circles under her eyes and hair messier than it was before she left.

She changed into different pajamas, got a cup of milk and went to lay in her bed.

The only call she received other than Luke was a person who miss dialed the number.

She didn't mind that though, Luke seemed like a nice person even though she only talked to him for nearly ten minutes, it was still nice.

But Daisy forgot all about Luke and her friends as she laid alone in the dark. Even though she talked to a lot of people daily, she always ended up alone at night.

She wondered if she should call her mom tomorrow, to see how she was. Or to call her dad and see if his wife's surgery was alright.

She'd rather not though, she knew that if she called her mom she would end up making Daisy feel like shit and her dad would say he was too busy to talk and that he would call her back later and then never would.

She found her job ironic, people called her for help daily, when she actually needed help herself.

Well, her family wasn't the main cause of the darkness in her life, her mom and dad did try and get Daisy to go into counseling when she was younger, but she refused.

She didn't like the idea of telling a stranger about why you think death lingers in your head, and why your smile never really reached your eyes.

Why she had so many anxiety attacks because of the simplest things like speaking to someone, and every single reason for any tear that has travelled down her cheeks.

Her first and only session at counseling ended up with the two just getting to know each other and drawing pictures of their family and talking a little about why Daisy was there, but Daisy always thought that counseling and therapy and whatever else was shit, talking about something out loud made it seem more real that it was, and she didn't want to live in reality.

She wanted to stay in her dark room, with the street lights glistening through the window with her mix tape playing softly through out her apartment as she read some classic-cheesy-cliche romance novel.

And that's what she did, and she enjoyed it.

///

Luke stood in the twenty-four hour grocery store with Calum, Ashton and Michael at his sides at about 5:30 a.m. He was tired and exhausted, the boys practically dragged him out of his house at night to go walk around the dangerous streets in the beginning of November with flickering lamps and window signs.

Michael grabbed a red bull out of the freezer and put it in the small basket as Ashton did the same with a Gatorade.

"Want anything Luke?" Calum asked as he grabbed a water.

Luke shook his head as he leaned against one of the shelves, feeling drowsy and sleepy.

"Hey, can we crash at your place tonight?" Michael patted Lukes back, making him stumble forward.

"Yeah, whatever."

Twenty minutes later the four boys stood in the small apartment, Calum and Ashton dragging out blankets and pillows for everyone to sleep in the living room.

"Guys, I think I'm just going to sleep in my room tonight," Luke said as he kicked off his shoes.

"C'mon man! You got to sleep in the living room, it's practically tradition!" Ashton whined at the barely stable Luke.

Luke backed down from his argument and laid down on the couch, covering himself with a green blanket he didn't even know he owned.

As the three other boys silently watched the television, and laughed together at a few parts, Luke felt even more alone.

an: okay this is sort of sad but you know life's sad and yeah