Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

"Moxie, wanna come over and study?" Asked Hannah, a girl I had a few classes with. Hannah also happened to be one of my only friends.

"Sorry Han, I gotta work. Maybe tomorrow?" I offered with a kind smile.

"Yeah, sure, I'll text you later." She replied, then turned on her heel and walked toward the exit.

I pushed my locker closed, not intending to create the slam that happened instead. I cringed slightly, then followed Hannah's path to the door.

As soon as I stepped outside, I was greeted with a cold, strong wind. I buttoned my coat up the rest of way, and started down the street.

I put my headphones in, trying to block out the noise of the passing cars. The song "Red" by Taylor Swift blared through the speakers, filling my ears with beautiful music and my mind with old memories.

** SERIES OF FLASHBACKS **

"Harry c'mon! I don't want to miss the movie!"

"Babe, calm down! It's only Madagascar 2." He laughed, making fun of my love for kids movies.

"Hey. It could be worse. I could be dragging you to Nightmare on Elm Street." I snapped, using his phobia of 'scary' movies against him. In all honestly, I have never been scared of a horror film. All they are are a few amateur actors and poor special effects to make it seem worse than it actually is.

"You know what? I'm not complaining." He replied, with one of his infamous cheeky smiles.

****

"How was your day, Love?" Harry asked me through the fuzzy telephone line. My family and I were vacationing in Spain, and Harry was willing to pay oversea costs just to talk to me. It made me feel like I was a princess, getting spoiled.

"It was awesome! I sat around the pool all day and tanned. It would've been better if you were here, though." I told him with a sigh. I missed him more than Cookie Monster would miss cookies if he was in Rehab.

"I know, Love. Actually, my mom mentioned something about bringing you to France with us at Christmas.. You know.. If you were interested." I couldn't see him, but I knew he was smiling just by the tone in his voice.

"Well, I have to go beg my parents now, Harry! I'll talk to you tomorrow, bye!"

"Bye, Mox, I love you."

"Love you more!"

And the phone line went dead.

****

"Harry, I'm done. I can't do this."

I walked down the snowy street, wet tears slipping off my cheeks, and running off my face.

"Moxie, babe, please." Harry begged, grabbing my arm and turning me to face him all in one swift motion.

"What? There's nothing you can do or say to make me forget what I just saw Harry." I snapped, attempting to turn back around and stomp off, but Harry's hand was gripped around my arm.

"Mox, just hear me out. Okay?"

I nodded impatiently, wanting to go home before the tears froze to my face.

"I was walking down the road, and she slipped on some ice, so I went over to help her up but when I did, she just jumped on me, and ate my face. I swear to god." He said, his face straighter than a ruler.

My head tilted down to inspect the ground. I was wearing my old Nike's, because I was too stubborn and lazy to dig out my boots from a box in the basement.

"Harry.. I don't.. I ju-"

I was unable to complete my sentence, because Harry crashed his lips against mine, bringing the butterflies to life.

"I promise, babe." He said.

"I believe you."

"I love you Moxie."

"I love you Harry."

**END OF FLASHBACKS**

Trees. Rocks. Mud. Where the hell was I? I looked up, recognizing a sign that had a picture of a color coated map and big black bold words that spelt out "Chapman Trail."

Shit. I took off running in the other direction, already sensing that I was late to the shop. Mom was going to kill me, being as busy as she was.

Within five minutes I got to the end of the trail, and a couple blocks into town. Mom's business was only another block or so the the left, so I took off in that direction.

******

"Mom, oh my god I'm so sor-"

My eyes were locked on a certain curly haired, green eyed, cheeky smiled boy who wasn't looking very cheeky at the moment.

In fact, he probably looked as pale and awestruck as I did at that very moment. I mean, we haven't seen each other in a year. What were we to expect when we saw each other again?

My eyes then gazed to the girl beside him. She worry a tight pink dress that barely hid her underwear- if she was even wearing any. Ew, gross thought. Anyways, her chin length hair was straightened, and her bangs were braided and pinned back. Her makeup looked flawless, way better than anything I've ever even come close to doing on myself, or even Hailey or Hannah.

My vision then shifted to my mom, who bore an awkward smile. Her face seemed welcoming, but deep in her brown eyes she was worried for me.

"Moxie, these are our new clients Harry and Lauren. You and I will both be planning their wedding. Here take this notepad, and take the appointment, will you?" She asked, but seemed like she declared as she handed me the note pad and a black inked pen.

"Uhm, you can uh.. Follow me." I told them, leading the way to one of the small office like rooms.

I sat down behind the desk, waiting for my ex boyfriend and his fiancée to make them selves comfortable in the plastic chair that we had to offer.

"When were you planning on having the wedding?" I asked in a fake, but believable happy-go-lucky voice.

Lauren piped up. "We were thinking November 21st."

"Alrighty." I scribbled down her words then continued. "What venue?"

"The church on third street for the ceremony, right love? And we weren't quite sure about the reception yet." Harry announced, his words making my heart clench.

I cleared my throat, but ended up coughing and choking so I excused myself to go grab a drink of water.

I walked into the hallway and over to the little water cooler and filled a paper cup. A few tears escaped, as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, surprised to see who stood before me.

That same curly haired, green eyed, cheeky smiled boy.

AUTHORS NOTE::

Sorry it took so long to update! Power was out for 28 hrs, and I couldn't get on or anything. Oh, and sorry it's sort if short. I can't really tell since I updated from my phone and everything but I still have a pretty good feeling xD anyways, hope you Canadians have a good thanksgiving weekend!!(: thanks for reading guys, means the world.

•Jenna c: