Chapter 63

I looked over to Kitty. She was smiling and laughing. She looks so happy and safe right now. We headed right over to the girls. To join them with whatever they think is funny. Sam is right I am doing everything I can and more. I will not stop at all.

We haven't seen or heard anything about Ash since that day. My father does know about it and everything. We are still trying to build a case. But still nothing that can stick it. That's what I hate the most.

I was heading to get Kitty for school. It has been now then a normal routine for me to pick up Kitty in the morning. I don't mind it I enjoy it. It makes me feel like I'm doing something to help her in her situation she in. Also, it gives Finn a little bit of a relief knowing Kitty is not alone.

When I got to the apartment place, I pulled up front to wait for her. I sent her a quick text,

I am here. Come down whenever you're ready.

Be down soon.

I put my phone back down and just waited for her. I know she was in good take that long. Just then I heard a tap on my window, and I looked over to see Kitty standing there. I unlocked the car for her so she could get in.

"Hey." Kitty said when she got a car.

"Hey how you are doing?" I asked her.

"Pretty good I got a good night sleep last night. Which was the first in a while." She told me.

"Well, that's good. Hopefully, there is will be more of those nights. But you know you can call me whenever you can't sleep." I told her truthfully.

"Yeah I know. But I still have the feeling that something isn't right. I'll know if I'm just being paranoid or what. But it has been too quiet, and we haven't seen him around lately. I just don't want to get my hopes up when everything is just now getting good." Kitty told me looking out the window.

It didn't take as long to get to school. Vince apartment building is about far from school. So, I drove in and parked in a closest parking spot. I then turn off the car and looked over to Kitty. I said,

"There is nothing wrong about having hope mostly now when everything is going good. Even if he shows up again everything will be fine. You know that we all have your back and we will let nothing happen to you. You do not have to feel like you're going through this alone Kitty. Because you're not."

"I know not going through this alone anymore. I have my family which I know you guys will always be there for me. It's just that I feel like this is just the calm before the storm. We do not know when the storm is coming. I feel like it's going to be a bad one. I just rather be ready for anything." Kitty told me.

"I know Kitty. Truthfully you are not alone. I've been feeling the same way. My dad has been trying to keep an eye on him. We know he's still in town but don't know where. Can't really follow him anywhere or anything because he has no reason to doubt. But just now if my father finds anything you will be the first to know." I told her trying to reassure her.

"Thank you. I don't know what I've done without you guys. Mostly your family Ryder. I don't know how I became the luckiest girl." She told me.

"No. I'm the luckiest person because I have you." I told her.

I leaned in and gave her kiss. She kissed me back of course. We then pulled apart and smiled at each other. We grabbed our bags and we headed to school. We walk into school holding hands heading over to her locker.