Chapter 7

Practice went by fast. Practice was boring. We were talking about routines. We sat on the bleachers for whole time. I went to the locker room to get my things. I said good-bye to Brittany. I was walking out of the school. I was listening to my music.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped when a hand touched me. I turned around to see Ryder behind me laughing.

"That was not funny." I said.

"Yes. It was." He said. "So... Are you heading home?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Can I walk with you?" He asked.

"Sure." I said smiling to myself.

"Okay." He said.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Good. How was your day?" He said.

"Good now." I said.

"That's good." He said.

"What's wrong?" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I know you. I know when something is wrong. So what is wrong?" I said.

"Uhm..." He could only say.

"Ryder!" I said.

"Okay. I miss glee but can't come back." He said.

"That's a lie." I said.

"What?" He said.

"It's something else then glee. If you miss it so much you would have been back by now." I said.

"What?" He looked at me. "No." He said.

"Ryder. Please just tell me what's up. You can trust me." I said.

"Fine. It's about......" He was saying then Sam came in.

"Hey man. The guys and me are going to go hang. Do you want to join?" Sam asked him just ignoring me.

"Sure." He said.

"Cool. Come on." Sam said.

"Be right there." He said to Sam.

"Just go. But I will text you later." I said. He smiled at me and nod. "Bye. I will text you later." I yell to him when he was running to caught up to Sam. He gave me a wave bye.

Then they turn the corner and disappeared. I just smiled to myself and shock my head. I walked the rest of the way home listening to my music. When I got home I put my bags down on the couch and went to the kitchen to see if anyone was home.

I walk into the kitchen to find no one. But to find a note on the kitchen table.

Kitty went out. Won't be back until late. Dinner is in the fridge.

Love you.

Mom

I put the note back on the table and walked to the fridge. I look at my dinner.

"Great. Left overs." I said out loud. I walked over to the couch and started on my homework.