Chapter 49

Then I went to the door and opened to reveal Nicole and her family. I really was hoping they couldn't make it. But looks like they did. The rest of the group need to get here quickly. Mostly the guys.

"Hey Nicole. Come on in." I said to her. I welcome them into my family home.

"Ryder, honey who is already here?" My mom asked coming into the room. My father was right behind her.

"Mom, dad this is Nicole and her family." I told them.

My father was putting up an act now. He is doing everything he cannot kick their son out. I don't blame them. I then left to warn Kitty who was still hiding in the kitchen.

"Hey just to warn you Nicole and her family is here first. No one else yet." I told her.

"Okay. I can handle this. We know they were going to be here. I am not going to hide. He will not control me anymore." She told me.

I know Kitty was strong. She got this. Her parents don't give her the credit she deserves. But I still won't let him get near her. He will not get that right. Kitty then took a breath and left the kitchen. I was right behind her, but I first sent a text to the guys to get here quickly.

Need backup. Nicole and her family were the first ones here and Kitty is joining us.

*Kitty's POV*

I wasn't got to let him, or her family ruin my life anymore. They think their son is such an angel sent from above. But they are wrong. He is a monster. Their daughter is no angel either. But I will play fair even if they won't.

"Kitty, my dear is that you?" Nicole mother asked me when they saw me.

"Yes. It's nice to see you." I told her. I could see Nicole father look from Ryder's parents to me. He wasn't happy to see me here. I know it.

Before he could say anything, there was a knock at the door. I went over to open it. I really was hoping it was one of the guys. I really need they support from them. Mostly, Finn. He became like another older brother to me.

"Hey Kitty. I was hoping you be joining us today." Mr. Shuester said standing there.

"Miss out a free dinner from Ryder's mom. Hell no. Won't miss for the world. Come on in." I told him. He came in with Ms. P.

"Mr. Shuester, so, happy you can join us." Ryder's mom said.

"Well, thank you for holding this dinner here. My apartment would be little too small for it." He said jokingly.

"It's no problem. Ryder knows how much we support this group. It is something amazing." Ryder's father said.

The time went by and everyone else was showing up. A few people were surprised to see me here. But I don't care. I went back into the kitchen to hide for a bit. But I know I wasn't alone. Finn joined me.

"You okay Kitty?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Not happy to see them. But I am fine. Keeping it all together." I told him.

"That's good. I know you can. You are a strong person." He told me.

"Thanks Finn. You know you don't have to hide back here with me if you want to be with everyone else." I told him.

"I know I want too." He told me.

Then the door from the living to kitchen opened. Standing there was the one person I didn't want to be was Nicole's brother, Ash. I looked away and make myself busy.

"What do you need?" Finn asked him.

"Just something to drink. They told they were in here." He said going over to the fridge to get a drink. Finn never moved from his spot.

"Okay." Finn said not taking his eyes from him like he was scared he might do something.

But I know better. He won't try anything until he knows he got me alone. But that will never happen when I am here. Just then Ryder's father came into the kitchen. Now this I am not surprised by. He must have saw him come this away and followed him.

"Need any help Kitty?" He asked me.

"Yes, please. Ash if you don't mind telling everyone dinner will be ready in a few minutes?" I asked him. I was trying to get him out of the kitchen.

"Sure." He said giving me a smile. I turned so I didn't have to look at him. He then left.

"You okay honey?" Ryder's father asked me.

"Yeah. He is just trying to get under my skin." I told them.

Finn and Ryder's dad didn't say anything more on the topic. They helped me bring the dishes out to the dining room where we were all eating. We had seat this big table up and add tables to it to make it work. But we did it we had enough room from everyone.