Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)

Mav and Quinella floated back to ground level.

Quinella: Why do you resist fate? What right do you have to come and intrude on my world?

Mav: It's very simple. I'm just here by coincidence. Call it real world troubles. As for fate well....I don't really believe in that shit. If there's anything games tell me, it's that fate can be changed.

Mav looked at sword that was Eugeo and smiled before looking back towards Quinella who laughed.

Quinella: That so? Then let's put that theory to the test!

Quinella dashed forward clashing with Mav as Mav quickly broke the clash sidestepping and going for an overhead but Quinella quickly swerved around slicing the boy's midsection as the boy winced at the pain as Quinella kicked him into a nearby wall. Mav saw a rapier heading right for him as Eugeo flew out of his hand and began fighting Quinella. Eugeo's attacks were relentless but Quinella kept dodging and smacking the sword. Quinella's powerful attacks caused cracks to form in the sword of Eugeo. Quinella switched her blade to a katana slicing the sword leaving a large chip in the sword. As she went for the killing blow however her blade found purchase on soft flesh instead. Cardinal watched as there was a blade protruding through Mav's back as he gripped Eugeo and looked over to Cardinal.

Mav: Cardinal! Take him!

Mav threw Eugeo towards Cardinal who caught the sword as Eugeo began transforming back into a human. As he returned to his normal form, he had a deep laceration on his side that was bleeding profusely.

Eugeo: M-Mav!

Eugeo tried getting up but fell to the ground  as Cardinal pulled him next to Alice. Mav death gripped Quinella's wrist began punching her across the face. Quinella broke free ripping the blade from the young man's stomach. Mav stood there healing his wound before wiping the blood from his mouth. 

Quinella: You still intend to fight?! The match has already been decided and you lost! You're outmatched and have no hope of defeating me.

Mav: Something you gotta learn about me lady.....

Mav firmly planted himself in an Iai stance.

Mav: I'm one relentless asshole.

Mav had his piercing gaze fixated on Quinella who got into a Norkian style stance. With one subtle movement of her foot, Quinella flew forward at inhuman speed her sword skill glowing bright purple as Mav awaited her attack. In an instant both fighters were on opposite sides of each other. Quinella coughed up blood looking down seeing a deep cut across her abdomen.

Quinella: You.....IMPUDENT LITTLE SHIT! I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE TORMENTED  THAT YOU'LL BE BEGGING FOR DEATH!

Mav turned around smirking as he flicked the guard of the blade.

Mav: Kinky.

Quinella: I WILL HAVE ORDER! I WILL HAVE CONTROL! ON YOUR KNEES TRASH!

A giant burst of black arcane energy emanated from the aggravated Quinella, as she fired a giant blast of energy from her sword as Mav ran forward drawing his blade as Quinella watched the explosion swallow him whole.  Through the smoke, came Mav flying through slammkng his sword down towards Quinella who couldn't react in time as the blade left a deep laceration across her chest.  Quinella growled trying to go for a stab as Mav dodged it and whacked her in her temple with the hilt followed by him driving his blade into her chest as she yelled and blasted the boy back with her magic. As young man flew back she extended her hair as it wrapped around one of his legs. She raised her hair and slammed the boy onto the ground two more times before the boy had enough momentum to grab her hair and cut the portion that was restraining him. She dashed forward going for a stab while he was on the ground. Mav jerked his body to the side dodging the blade as he raised his gun and fired point blank into her face. Quinella jerked back up from the pain as Mav drove his blade into Quinella's stomach. Took the hit head on gripping the boy's throat trying to snap his neck but he twisted the blade preventing her from trying. Quinella raised her hand, her fingernails sharpening as she dragged her claw across the boy's face one of the claws puncturing his right eye. Mav was filled with absolute adrenaline and fought through the pain. Quinella then stabbed the boy's leg making Mav rip the blade from Quinella as Quinella and Mav stood a little apart from each other. Quinella rushed forward as Mav waited for her. As she went for an Iai stance slash, she soon felt her blade hit nothing. She turned around as Mav got into a similar.