Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit

Maverick: Guess things are heating up on the outside huh?

Leafa: Yeah, Yui contacted me so I'm at the Rath branch in the mainland. How are you?

Mav: Oh, you know, the usual. Trying to live life then getting wrapped into some foolery. *Sigh* My parents must be worried sick....

Leafa: Well, don't fret. We'll get you out of here and they'll be waiting for you when you wake up.

Mav smiled gently patting Leafa's head.

Mav: Thanks Leafa. Sinon.

Sinon: Yes? 

Mav: You should go on ahead and catch up to Bercouli. That old geezer is strong, but I highly doubt he's God slaying strong. 

Sinon: Alright then stay safe and don't die.

Mav: Same to you.

Sinon ascended into the sky and flew off

Leafa: Let's not waste any time then.

Renly: All troops! Press on!

The battalion continued its march on the pursuit of Vecta. As they walked Renly took a deep breath and walked up to Mav tapping his shoulder.

Renly: E-excuse me Mav!

Mav: That is my name. What can I do for you?

Renly: Well, I wanted to thank you.

Mav: For what?

Renly: For helping me when I needed it most. It was your voice I heard that gave me the strength to fight.

Mav: Oh right. Yeah, it was nothing pal. Happy to help and look at you now. A dependable and capable warrior. I'm glad you found your will. So, do us all a favor and try not to die okay?

Renly smiled brightly brimming with determination. 

Renly: Right!

The group suddenly halted seeing a large mass in the distance in front of them.

Mav: Looks like our guests from outside are watching our movement.

Eugeo: Damnit, we don't have time to be dealing with this!

Mav: Well, like it or not, we gotta break through.

Renly: All units! Engage!

The Human Empire charged forward clashing with the red army as a figure unbeknownst to the group stood atop a pillar in a tattered cloak.