Ch.18 The Gank Spank

Alfheim,Neutral Territory,Legrue Corridor
January 21,2025

We were in the Legrue Corridor and Kirito just finished making a light spell.

Leafa:Wow....Everything looks brighter now.So this is "Night Vision Magic" I guess Spriggans are good for something after all

Kirito:I don't know if that was a compliment or a dis.

Leafa chuckled a little before continuing.

Leafa:You're practicing the magic you can use.That's the important thing,and projecting illusions is one of your guys specialties.

Maverick:You mean the ones that can trick people?

Leafa:Yeah,it's cool but it's not gonna help anyone in combat.But,you never know,in a life or death situation your lame spriggan magic might actually come in handy.

Leafa started chuckling while me and Kirito stood there.

Kirito:Yeah,fuck you too.

We continued to walk while Kirito tried to memorize words for magic spells.

Kirito:Ugh,me head hurts.

Leafa:No,you're just memorizing the words.You need to learn the words power first and then match them with the effect of the magic.That's how you memorize spells.

Maverick:That's seems overly complicated.

Kirito:*sigh*I never thought i'd be in a game where i'd have to memorize words in a different language.

Leafa:Oh,and just so you know,the higher rank spells have about twenty words.

Kirito:I think i'll stick to fighting then.Screw that bs.

Maverick:Now that's what i'm talking about!

Me and Kirito fist bumped each other and Leafa just sighed.And a notification came up on her hud.

Leafa:Someone's messaging me.Sorry,I have to get this.

Maverick:Sure,I don't mind.

Leafa:It's Recon again....it's probably nothing,but i'll check anyway.

She opened the message and started reading.

Leafa:It says "I was right.Be careful-S"That's it.

Maverick:What does that mean?

Leafa:"S"?Sa....si....su...oh.

Maverick:Something on your mind?

Leafa:Oh no it's nothing.

Yui:Daddy!I'm picking up movement behind us!

Kirito:Are they monsters?

Yui:Nu-uh.They're players, a lot.Twelve total.

Leafa:You're kidding!

Maverick:Yeah,it was all just a prank.

Leafa:I don't need your sass!We better take cover.

Maverick:Yeah,this is a long hallway.Unless you got some pro invisibility magic,I think we're getting spotted.

Leafa:Ha!Just leave it to me.

She grabbed me and put up against a wall.

Maverick:Hey!Stop grabbing me!