Ch.55 Brave New World

Leafa bursted through the door of Asuna's cabin catching everyone in the room off-guard.

Leafa:You guys!

Asuna:Leafa,is something wrong?

Sinon:Yeah,what's up?

Leafa:Kazuto and Y/N,they're gonna duel!

Asuna:What?!

Sinon:No way!

Liz:Are you serious?!

Leafa:We gotta go right now!

Everyone followed Leafa out the cabin and towards the duel site.When they arrived,they saw both players standing across from each other.They were standing in an open field,the sun was shining with a couple of clouds here and there.Perfect day for a duel.

Silica:Who do you think is gonna win?

Agil:Hmm,my money's on Kirito.

Klein:Then i'll gladly take that money.Maverick's got this.

Leafa:Kazuto has the fastest reaction time out of all of us and is seemingly a STR/AGI character but,Maverick has more technique and is unpredictable.

Sinon:Maverick's gonna crush Kirito!

Asuna:I support Kirito.

Strea:A great fight this is gonna be.Fight!Husband!Go!

The two players glanced at the others and smiled before looking back at each other.

Maverick:Looks like we got our own little show.

Kirito:Yeah.

Maverick:You sure you wanna do this?I won't judge you for backing down.Well.....

Maverick pulled his sword out his scabbard and pointed it at Kirito.

Maverick:I might judge you a little.

Kirito:I've never been more sure of something in my life.

Kirito pulled out his excalibur and his secondary sword in his other hand as the two stared each other down.

5

4

3

2

1

FIGHT!

Maverick vanished and reappeared right in front of Kirito who luckily was on his guard and blocked the attack. Maverick jumped back as Kirito dashed towards him and went for a thrust making Maverick dodged out the way. The thrust left Kirito open as Maverick went for an overhead swing. Kirito leaned back as the blade grazed his cheek leaving a red mark and chipping his health down slightly. Kirito quickly pushed Maverick away and kicked him in the stomach. Maverick lost a bit of health as well as he slid back kicking up some soil.The two took a quick glance at each other before charging towards each other with their sword skills. The two blades slammed against each other hearing the loud crash of steel against steel the sword skills impacting against each other sent a large shockwave in the area making the viewers hold up their arms as they continued to watch the two players fight. The audience sat in silence no one could say anything witnessing this feat of the two strongest players in SAO.

Sinon:Is there a reason why Kirito challenged Maverick to a duel?

Leafa:Beats me,maybe he just wanted to fight him.